02 October 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 02 Oct 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Oct. 1 airpower summary AFPN 02 Oct 2007 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Oct. 1, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Sept. 30 airpower summary: A-10 Thunderbolts on target AFPN 02 Oct 2007 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Sept. 30, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Raids Kill One, Net 10 Al Qaeda in Iraq Agents AFPS 02 Oct 2007 -- Coalition forces killed one terrorist and detained 10 suspects during a series of raids targeting al Qaeda in Iraq in central and northern Iraq today, officials reported.
- Operation Anchorage nets five suspected insurgents, stops VBIED MNF-I 02 Oct 2007 -- Coalition Forces detained five suspected insurgents and destroyed a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device with two joint direct attack munitions Sept. 30 during Operation Anchorage, east of FOB Falcon.
- Brown Sees 1,000 British Troops Out Of Iraq By Year-End RFE/RL 02 Oct 2007 -- Prime Minister Gordon Brown has said 1,000 more British troops could leave Iraq by the end of the year.
- Britain to Handover More Security Duties to Iraqis VOA 02 Oct 2007 -- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown says about 1,000 British troops can soon leave Iraq
- Bush Meets Iraq's President VOA 02 Oct 2007 -- President Bush welcomed Iraqi President Jalal Talabani to the Oval Office to discuss a stable future for the turbulent country
- US Commander Hails Decreased Violence in Iraq VOA 02 Oct 2007 -- The U.S. commander of the multi-national corps in Iraq says violence in the country has decreased consistently over the past three months
- Gates Praises El Salvador for Iraq Efforts AFPS 02 Oct 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates met briefly with the Salvadoran president and minister of defense today discussing shared security interests in the region and the country's continued participation in peacekeeping operations worldwide.
- US Congress Hears Testimony on Private US Security Contractors VOA 02 Oct 2007 -- The U.S. Congress is scheduled to conduct hearings Tuesday into the U.S. government's use of private security firms in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- SYRIA: UNHCR presses for "humanitarian visas" as Syria closes border to Iraqis IRIN 02 Oct 2007 -- The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is continuing to push for "humanitarian visas" for Iraqi refugees after Syria once again closed its borders to the continuing influx of refugees fleeing Iraq.
- Brown accused of "cynical" politics in announcing Iraq cutback IRNA 02 Oct 2007 -- Prime Minister Gordon Brown Tuesday was accused of playing "cynical" politics and using British soldiers as a "political football" after he announced that 1,000 troops would be home from Iraq by Christmas during a surprise visit to Iraq.
- Opposition Party Calls British Leader's Iraq Visit Political VOA 02 Oct 2007 -- Britain's opposition Conservative Party has called British Prime Minister Gordon Brown's surprise visit to Iraq a photo opportunity publicity stunt
- Blackwater Security Firm Defends Record in Iraq VOA 02 Oct 2007 -- The head of the U.S.-based security firm Blackwater, testifying at a congressional hearing Tuesday, has defended its record in Iraq
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|