Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 September 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 28 Sep 2007 [PDF]
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Brig. Gen. Anderson from Iraq 28 Sep 2007 -- Presenter: Chief of Staff, Multinational Corps - Iraq, Brig. Gen. Joseph Anderson
- Sept. 27 airpower summary: F-16s project power AFPN 28 Sep 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Sept. 27, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- F-16 airstrike kills 3 terrorist leaders AFPN 28 Sep 2007 -- An Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon dropped precision munitions near Al Nussayyib, Iraq, Sept. 25 killing Abu Nasr al-Tunisi and two other al-Qaida Iraq operatives, according to Air Force officials.
- US Military in Iraq Reports Success Against Terrorists VOA 28 Sep 2007 -- A U.S. military commander in Iraq says coalition forces have crippled the core leadership group of al-Qaida in Iraq in a series of raids over the past few months.
- Iraqi Troops, Police Pressure al Qaeda in Northern Iraq AFPS 28 Sep 2007 -- Iraqi soldiers and police have al Qaeda terrorists on the run in the northern city of Mosul and its outlying areas, an Iraqi general posted in the region said today.
- Coalition Kills al Qaeda Leader Who Coordinated Foreign Terrorists in Iraq AFPS 28 Sep 2007 -- A top al Qaeda leader who coordinated efforts of foreign terrorists in Iraq was killed this week, a senior official in the region announced today.
- Coalition Troops Nab 7 Suspects, Seize Weapons in Iraq AFPS 28 Sep 2007 -- Coalition troops captured seven suspected terrorists and found two weapons caches today during operations targeting al Qaeda in Iraq, officials reported.
- USS Carr Helps Vessel in Distress in Central Persian Gulf Navy NewsStand 28 Sep 2007 -- The guided-missile frigate USS Carr (FFG 52), while conducting Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in the Central Persian Gulf, provided assistance to a United Arab Emirates-flagged fishing dhow in distress Sept. 26.
- U.S. Building Military Base Near Iraqi-Iranian Border RFE/RL 28 Sep 2007 -- The U.S. military is launching an intensified effort to stop what it says is Iranian support for insurgents in Iraq.
- Iraqi Police, Witnesses: 10 Civilians Killed in US Raid in Baghdad VOA 28 Sep 2007 -- Iraqi police and witnesses say U.S. forces have killed 10 civilians and wounded several others during a raid on a building in a mostly Sunni neighborhood in southern Baghdad.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list