19 September 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 19 Sep 2007 [PDF]
- MND-B unit targeted by small arms fire attack
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MND-B Soldier attacked during combat operations
- Press Conference: Maj.Gen Kevin Bergner, Mirembe Nantongo, September 19, 2007 MNF-I 19 Sep 2007
- Sept. 18 airpower summary: A-10s provide security AFPN 19 Sep 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Sept. 18, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Iraqi, Coalition Forces Net Suspects, Kill Insurgents, Seize Weapons AFPS 19 Sep 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces nabbed dozens of suspects, killed five others and confiscated or destroyed weapons caches across Iraq over the past three days, military officials said.
- Operation Dragon Talon II nets arrests, cache discoveries MNF-I 19 Sep 2007 -- Multi-National Division-Baghdad Soldiers and Iraqi Army troops continued Operation Dragon Talon II in the southern part of the Iraqi capital Sep. 17 with the capture of two individuals suspected of anti-Coalition activities and the confiscation of several weapons caches.
- Hopes for US Senate Compromise on Iraq Policy Fading VOA 19 Sep 2007 -- An influential Republican U.S. senator is considering pulling his support for a measure that would require U.S. troops to spend the same amount of time at home as they spend deployed in Iraq.
- Iraqi Citizens Crucial in Locating Terror Mastermind, Securing Country AFPS 19 Sep 2007 -- Coalition forces have killed an al Qaeda leader who orchestrated a massive bombing in an impoverished Baghdad neighborhood, a U.S. military spokesman announced today.
- Iraq: Petraeus Warns Of 'Devastating Consequences' Of Early British Pullout RFE/RL 19 Sep 2007 -- The two top U.S. officials in Iraq -- General David Petraeus and U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker -- have urged Britain not to hastily withdraw its remaining forces from Iraq, warning of potentially "devastating consequences."
- Wrapping up his tour of duty, top UN official in Iraq pays farewell visit to north UN News Centre 19 Sep 2007 -- Wrapping up his three-year term as the top United Nations envoy in Iraq, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's Special Representative Ashraf Qazi has completed a tour of the northern region of the strife-torn country, assuring Kurdish leaders there of continued UN cooperation and consultation.
- IRAQ: Lawyers accuse government of concealing information about detainees IRIN 19 Sep 2007 -- Lawyers representing families of Iraqi detainees have accused the government of concealing information about detainees, including their whereabouts.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 19 Sep 2007 [PDF]
- Iraqi Government says US Security Firm Suspended, Not Expelled VOA 19 Sep 2007 -- Iraq's Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki says the company that provides bodyguards to U.S. diplomats in Iraq has been suspended while the government investigates a deadly shooting incident involving the firm last Sunday
- Iraqi PM Says Killing of Citizens in 'Cold Blood' Will Not Be Tolerated VOA 19 Sep 2007 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki says the activities of Blackwater USA have been halted while the government investigates a deadly shooting by the security firm on Sunday.
- Lavrov discusses stability, oil cooperation with Iraqi FM RIA Novosti 19 Sep 2007 -- Russia's acting foreign minister met with his Iraqi counterpart on Wednesday to discuss stability in the war-torn country and contracts for Russian companies.
- IRAQ-JORDAN: Visas to control flow of Iraqi refugees IRIN 19 Sep 2007 -- Iraqis fleeing their country's sectarian violence and wishing to enter Jordan will be required to obtain visas, Jordanian officials told IRIN on 18 September.
- US, Iraq, Set Up Panel to Examine Role of Security Contractors VOA 19 Sep 2007 -- The U.S. and Iraqi governments are setting up a joint commission to examine the controversial role of private security companies operating in Iraq
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|