Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 September 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Gates Discusses Improved Security Situation in Iraq AFPS 14 Sep 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said today during a television news talk show that he's optimistic about the improved security situation in Iraq.
- Top Military Advisers Stand Behind Petraeus Recommendations AFPS 14 Sep 2007 -- The nation's top military advisers were "unanimous" in backing the recommendations made to the president by Army Gen. David H. Petraeus on the way forward in Iraq, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said here today.
- US Defense Secretary Hopes for Deeper Troop Cuts in Iraq VOA 14 Sep 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he hopes U.S. troop levels in Iraq can be cut to about 100,000 by the end of next year, a figure that is well beyond cuts recently approved by President Bush
- Bush Speaks at Quantico, Emphasizes Iraq's Importance AFPS 14 Sep 2007 -- President Bush spoke to Marines at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va., today, thanking them for their service and explaining the way forward in Iraq.
- US Domestic Debate Over Iraq Expected To Sharpen VOA 14 Sep 2007 -- The domestic political battle lines over the war in Iraq could harden in the months ahead in the wake of President Bush's speech outlining U.S. strategy well into next year
- Bush Outlines Plan For U.S. Troop Reductions In Iraq RFE/RL 14 Sep 2007 -- In a televised speech September 13 from the White House, U.S. President George W. Bush said the war strategy put forth by General David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker -- his two top officials in Iraq -- is something that all Americans can accept, whether they approve of the war or not.
- Bush Says He Will Pull Some US Troops From Iraq VOA 14 Sep 2007 -- President Bush says he will start pulling some U.S. troops out of Iraq this month because his decision to send reinforcements earlier this year has been a success.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list