13 September 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 13 Sep 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Maj.Gen Kevin Bergner, September 13, 2007 MNF-I 13 Sep 2007
- Sept. 12 airpower summary: A-10s unleash the thunder AFPN 13 Sep 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Sept. 12, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Five Terrorists Killed in Coalition Operations in Iraq AFPS 13 Sep 2007 -- Coalition forces killed five terrorists during operations today targeting al Qaeda leaders and operatives in central and northern parts of the Iraq.
- US General Says Rocket Fired at US Base from Iran VOA 13 Sep 2007 -- A U.S. general has accused Teheran of sending rockets to Shi'ite groups fighting Iraq's government and U.S. forces in Iraq
- Iranian-Made Mortar Likely Used in Recent Attack, General Says AFPS 13 Sep 2007 -- A mortar that killed a coalition servicemember and injured 12 when it detonated earlier this week at a coalition operating base likely was manufactured in Iran, a spokesman for Multinational Force Iraq said yesterday.
- US General Says Rocket Fired at US Base in Iraq Originated in Iran VOA 13 Sep 2007 -- A U.S. general has accused Tehran of sending rockets to Shi'ite groups fighting Iraq's government and U.S. forces in Iraq
- Address by the President to the Nation on the Way Forward in Iraq The White House 13 Sep 2007
- Bush: US Must Help Iraq Defeat Terrorists VOA 13 Sep 2007 -- President Bush says Americans have reached a moment in the Iraq war that will decide the direction of the country and reveal the character of its people.
- Bush Announces Decision to Support Petraeus Recommendations AFPS 13 Sep 2007 -- President Bush said tonight that he accepts Army Gen. David H. Petraeus' recommendations on the U.S. strategy in Iraq and reduced troop levels.
- Bush Agrees to Transition to Next Phase in Iraq AFPS 13 Sep 2007 -- In addition to a drawdown of surge forces in Iraq, President Bush said tonight that he also had accepted Army Gen. David H. Petraeus' recommendation to begin transitioning to the next phase of the U.S. strategy in Iraq in December.
- Bush Expected To Endorse Troop Reductions In Iraq RFE/RL 13 Sep 2007 -- U.S. President George W. Bush is due to give a televised address from the White House today in which he is expected to endorse the recommendation by his top military commander in Iraq to start withdrawing U.S. troops from the country by next summer, if conditions allow.
- Press Briefing by Senior Administration Officials on the President's Speech The White House 14 Sep 2007
- US to Release Iraqi Detainees for Ramadan VOA 13 Sep 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says it plans to release between 50 and 80 detainees per day during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
- Joint statement Regarding the Assassination of Sheikh Abdul Sattar Bezia al-Rishawi MNF-I 13 Sep 2007
- Iraq: Political Landscape Still In Flux As Parliament Reconvenes RFE/RL 13 Sep 2007 -- As the United States makes progress in talks with Sunni and Shi'ite tribal leaders toward ending the armed conflict in Iraq, Iraqi politicians who form the core of the opposition are facing defections from cabinet members who would rather return to work than support their boycott of the government.
- Iraq: Kirkuk Referendum Likely To Be Delayed RFE/RL 13 Sep 2007 -- Since the ratification of the Iraqi Constitution in 2005, Iraq's Kurds have viewed the issue of the Kirkuk referendum as a "red line."
- Assassination Bolsters Resolve Against al Qaeda, Iraqi Spokesman Says AFPS 13 Sep 2007 -- Today's assassination of an influential Sunni leader whose followers have been helping fight al Qaeda in Iraq will only bolster the war on insurgents, a chief spokesman of the Iraqi government said today.
- Sheik in Anbar killed in attack MNF-I 13 Sep 2007 -- A vehicle exploded three kilometers northwest of Ramadi today killing a prominent Sunni sheik.
- Bomb Kills Key Iraqi Sheikh VOA 13 Sep 2007 -- A roadside bomb has killed an important Sunni tribal leader who was cooperating with U.S. troops fighting al-Qaida insurgents in Iraq
- Experts Debate Iraq Progress Ahead of Bush Speech VOA 13 Sep 2007 -- Hours before President Bush is set to address the nation on Iraq, a forum of policy experts gathered in Washington to examine the recommendations to Congress made by the top U.S. officials in Iraq, General David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker
- IRAQ: Baghdad residents call for protection of homes from militant raids IRIN 13 Sep 2007 -- Some families in Baghdad have asked the Iraqi government to do more to protect their homes as raids by militants in local neighbourhoods become more common, and defensive neighbourhood checkpoints are themselves targeted.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|