Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
08 September 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Sept. 7 airpower summary: Predator is the eye in the sky AFPN 08 Sep 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Sept. 7, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition, Iraqi Forces Capture Terrorism Suspects AFPS 08 Sep 2007 -- Coalition forces captured five terrorism suspects in raids today, and other operations by Iraqi and coalition forces in recent days have taken more alleged terrorists off the streets, military officials reported.
- Hunter UAV kills two enemy fighters during historic flight MNF-I 08 Sep 2007 -- A Hunter unmanned aerial vehicle engaged and killed two suspected improvised explosive device emplacers overwatching a major thoroughfare for Coalition Forces during a historic flight near Qayyarah, Iraq, in Nineveh province Sept. 1.
- Lightning Hammer II uncovers VBIEDs, IED cache in Mosul MNF-I 08 Sep 2007 -- Iraqi Army Soldiers discovered multiple vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices and a large IED during combat operations in Nineveh province, Thursday, as part of Operation Lightning Hammer II.
- Bush Commends Progress Made in Iraq's Anbar Province AFPS 08 Sep 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces have reduced violence and driven al Qaeda out of strongholds in Iraq's Anbar province, President Bush said today during his first radio address since his surprise visit there earlier this week to visit troops and assess progress.
- Bush to Address American People on Iraq VOA 08 Sep 2007 -- President Bush says he will address the nation in the coming days on the way forward in Iraq
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list