28 August 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 28 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Aug. 27 airpower summary: Stratotankers help fuel the fleet AFPN 28 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations August 27, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Troops Kill, Detain Dozens, Seize Weapons in Iraq AFPS 28 Aug 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces killed and captured dozens of insurgents and seized scores of weapons during operations in Iraq over the past three days, military officials said.
- Stennis, CVW-9 Return to San Diego Navy NewsStand 28 Aug 2007 -- The John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group (JCSSG) returned to San Diego Aug. 27, marking the successful end of deployment for Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 9 and the guided-missile cruiser USS Antietam (CG 54).
- HS-8 Completes Deployment, Returns to San Diego Navy NewsStand 28 Aug 2007 -- The "Eightballers" of Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron (HS) 8 successfully completed a seven-month deployment aboard USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) and returned to their homeport of San Diego Aug. 27.
- VAQ-138 "Yellow Jackets" Return Home to Whidbey Island Navy NewsStand 28 Aug 2007 -- Electronic Attack Warfare Squadron (VAQ) 138 "Yellow Jackets" returned home to Naval Air Station (NAS) Whidbey Island Aug. 26-27 after a deployment aboard USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74).
- President Bush Addresses the 89th Annual National Convention of the American Legion The White House 28 Aug 2007
- Bush Stresses Importance of Iraq Fight AFPS 28 Aug 2007 -- Defeating extremists in the Middle East is essential to America's security, and the most important way to counter these extremists is to win the fight in Iraq, President Bush said today.
- President Bush Urges Continued Support for Iraq War VOA 28 Aug 2007 -- President Bush has sought to bolster support for the war in Iraq by reminding U.S. citizens of the threat of terrorism and the need for peace in the Middle East.
- Bush Says Iran Must Stop Arming Iraqi Militants VOA 29 Aug 2007 -- President Bush says Iran must stop arming militants who are attacking U.S. troops in Iraq
- IRAQ: Lower school attendance expected in coming year IRIN 28 Aug 2007 -- The Iraqi Ministry of Education has warned of the possible low attendance of pupils at schools in the coming year, saying it expects at least a 15 percent drop compared to previous years
- British Leader Rejects Call For Iraq Withdrawal Timetable VOA 28 Aug 2007 -- Prime Minister Gordon Brown has ruled out a timetable for the withdrawal of British troops from Iraq.
- At Least 25 Killed in Violence at Religious Festival in Iraq VOA 28 Aug 2007 -- Police in Iraq's holy city of Karbala have ordered Shi'ite pilgrims to leave the city after two days of violence surrounding a major religious festival left dozens of people dead and injured
- Iraqi Police Impose Curfew, Evacuate Shi'ite Pilgrims From Karbala VOA 28 Aug 2007 -- Authorities in the Iraqi city of Karbala have imposed an indefinite curfew and police say they are evacuating Shi'ite pilgrims after gunmen and police clashed during a major religious festival.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|