27 August 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 27 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- Task Force Lightning Soldiers attacked
- MNF-W forces attacked
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Aug. 26 airpower summary: F-16s provide close-air support AFPN 27 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Aug. 26, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Iraq Operations Net 36 Terrorists, Kill Nine AFPS 27 Aug 2007 -- Coalition troops detained 36 terrorists and killed nine others today during a series of raids in Baghdad and other areas in central and northern Iraq, officials reported.
- Troops Kill, Capture Terrorists, Seize Weapons in 'Lightning Hammer' AFPS 27 Aug 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces killed 26 al Qaeda members, captured 37 suspected terrorist and seized 10 weapons caches during Operation Lightning Hammer, one in a series of coordinated "quick-strike" offensives that launched this month, a top general in Iraq said today.
- U.S. Works with Local Leaders on Reconciliation in Iraqi Province AFPS 27 Aug 2007 -- The U.S. provincial reconstruction team in Iraq's Diyala province is working to connect provincial leaders with Iraq's central government and foster reconciliation in an area where security is still challenging, the team's leader said today.
- President Bush Congratulates Iraqi Leaders on Agreement The White House 27 Aug 2007
- Bush Praises Iraqi De-Baathification Agreement AFPS 27 Aug 2007 -- President Bush today praised Iraqi leaders for an agreement that will allow former low-level Baath Party officials to serve in the Iraqi government.
- Bush Praises Iraqi Political Deal VOA 27 Aug 2007 -- President Bush has hailed the political agreement reached late Sunday by Iraqi leaders, calling it a promising sign of progress
- Iraqi Leaders Pledge Reconciliation Effort RFE/RL 27 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi Shi'ite, Sunni, and Kurdish political leaders have signed a statement aimed at fostering reconciliation among the country's ethnic and religious factions.
- IRAQ: People flee Baghdad district as gunmen impose Shariah law IRIN 27 Aug 2007 -- Residents of Dora District in Baghdad have been fleeing after gunmen imposed a strict interpretation of Islamic Shariah law there.
- French President Calls for Timed Troop Exit From Iraq VOA 27 Aug 2007 -- French President Nicolas Sarkozy is calling for a clear timetable for the withdrawal of foreign troops from Iraq, and says Iran's nuclear program is the most serious crisis facing the international community today.
- Australia Expresses Frustration at Slow Pace Of Political Reform in Iraq VOA 27 Aug 2007 -- Australia has echoed American criticism of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, saying the pace of political reconciliation under his government is too slow
- Clashes Erupt in Iraqi Holy City of Karbala Before Major Religious Festival VOA 27 Aug 2007 -- Clashes erupted Monday in Iraq's holy city of Karbala, as Shi'ite pilgrims streamed into the city for a major religious festival expected to be attended by more than one million people.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|