08 August 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 08 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- MND-B Soldier killed during combat operations
- Aug. 7 airpower summary: Tankers extend fighter capabilities AFPN 08 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations August 7 according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Security Detachment Provides Protection in North Persian Gulf Waters Navy NewsStand 08 Aug 2007 -- Naval Coastal Warfare Squadron (NCWRON) 5 Oil Platform (OPLAT) Detachment provided security for USS Chinook (PC 9) and USCGC Wrangell (WPB 1332) visit, board, search and seizure (VBSS) teams while conducting Interaction Patrols (IPATS) Aug. 5 in the north Persian Gulf.
- Thirty Terrorists Killed, 12 Detained During Iraq Operations AFPS 08 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces killed 30 terrorists and detained 12 suspected terrorists during operations today in Baghdad's Sadr City neighborhood, military officials reported.
- Coalition Successes Mount Against al Qaeda in Iraq AFPS 08 Aug 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi security forces captured or killed 18 senior al Qaeda members in July, a Multinational Force Iraq spokesman said today.
- U.S. Soldiers Partner With Iraqi Troops in Mahmudiyah AFPS 08 Aug 2007 -- U.S. soldiers leading operations in and around Mahmudiyah, Iraq, have "cracked the code when it comes to working with the Iraqi army," their task force commander said today.
- Military Says US, Iraqi Forces Killed 30 Terrorists in Sadr City VOA 08 Aug 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says coalition forces have killed 30 terrorists in raids in Baghdad's Shi'ite Sadr City neighborhood.
- U.S. Urges Greater United Nations Role in Iraq AFPS 08 Aug 2007 -- The United Nations needs to play a bigger role in helping Iraq overcome its internal challenges and succeed, the U.S. representative to the U.N. said yesterday.
- Iraq: Plan To Deploy Peshmerga To Kirkuk Alarms Minorities RFE/RL 08 Aug 2007 -- The Baghdad government plans to send 6,000 Kurdish soldiers -- known as peshmerga -- to help secure oil and electricity installations in the multi-ethnic Kirkuk region.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 08 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- Iraq: Neighbors Unlikely To Provide Support On Security RFE/RL 08 Aug 2007 -- Iraq has convened several key meetings this week with neighboring states aimed at improving security.
- Iraqi Prime Minister In Iran For Security Talks RFE/RL 08 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki is in Iran on a three-day visit
- Analysis: Discontent Simmers over Iraq cfr.org 08 Aug 2007 -- In Washington, dialogue between the Bush administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress on funding the Iraq war is on summer hiatus
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|