02 August 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 02 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- Two Task Force Marne Soldiers hit with indirect fire
- Soldiers attacked during combat logistics patrol
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MND-B Soldier killed during combat operations
- Aug. 1 airpower summary: F-15Es provide close-air support AFPN 02 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Aug. 1, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Forces Capture Two Alleged Senior al Qaeda Leaders AFPS 02 Aug 2007 -- Coalition forces captured two alleged al Qaeda emirs, killed four terrorists and detained 21 suspected terrorists during Iraq operations over the past two days.
- Individual Augmentee Sailors Returns to Naval Station Everett Navy NewsStand 02 Aug 2007 -- Four individual augmentee (IA) Sailors from USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) returned to Naval Station Everett July 24 after a year-long deployment in support of the Counter-Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar (C-RAM) unit in Baghdad.
- Baqubah Transitions to 'Hold' Status, Commander Says AFPS 02 Aug 2007 -- Operations in Baqubah, Iraq, are transitioning to the "hold" phase of the "secure, hold, build" strategy, the commander of coalition forces in northern Iraq said today.
- Gates Optimistic on Iraqi Security Front AFPS 02 Aug 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said today he's hopeful about progress on the security front in Iraq, but acknowledged he is disappointed with political upheaval within the Iraqi government.
- Iraq: Cabinet Shaken As Domestic Political Rifts Widen RFE/RL 02 Aug 2007 -- The main Sunni Arab bloc in the Iraqi cabinet followed through on its threat to quit the cabinet on August 1, in a move intended to destabilize the government of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.
- Iraq: Sunni Bloc Quits Government In Snub To Al-Maliki RFE/RL 02 Aug 2007 -- Iraq's largest Sunni Arab political bloc, the Iraqi Accordance Front, has announced it is quitting the Iraqi cabinet, accusing the Shi'a-led government of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki of failure to address a list of its concerns.
- Pollack: 'Surge' Producing Real Progress in Iraq cfr.org 02 Aug 2007
- Iraqi Court Sentences Snipers to Death for Terrorist Acts AFPS 02 Aug 2007 -- Three Iraqi snipers were convicted and sentenced to death last week after confessing to the deaths of at least two coalition soldiers and the shootings of nine others, a senior law official in the region said today.
- Suicide Car Bombing Targets Iraqi Police Post, 5 Killed VOA 02 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi police say a suicide car bombing at a police station north of Baghdad has killed at least 13 people and wounded 15 others.
- US Marine Convicted of Murdering Iraqi Civilian in 2006 VOA 02 Aug 2007 -- A U.S. court has convicted a Marine Corps squad leader of the murder of an Iraqi man last year.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|