01 August 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 01 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- MND-B patrol struck by explosively formed penetrator
- Small arms fire targets MND-B Soldier
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, August 1, 2007 MNF-I 01 Aug 2007 -- TOPIC: CURRENT EFFORTS IN IRAQ
- July 31 airpower summary: F-16s provide effective overwatch AFPN 01 Aug 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations July 31, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Continues to Target al Qaeda Leaders in Iraq AFPS 01 Aug 2007 -- Coalition forces detained six alleged terrorists this morning south of Tikrit while targeting an al Qaeda key leader responsible for coordinating attacks on coalition and Iraqi forces.
- Enterprise Strike Group Arrives in 5th Fleet Navy NewsStand 01 Aug 2007 -- The Enterprise Carrier Strike Group (CSG) entered the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations Aug. 1 to conduct Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in regional waters and provide air support to ground forces operating in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Kearsarge Deploys in Support of MSO Navy NewsStand 01 Aug 2007 -- The amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge (LHD 3), departed Naval Station Norfolk July 30, as the flagship of the Kearsarge Expeditionary Strike Group (KSGESG) for a regularly scheduled six-month deployment.
- When Ordered, Iraq Withdrawal Should be 'Methodical,' General Says AFPS 01 Aug 2007 -- The way the United States ultimately leaves Iraq will send a strong message to America's friends and enemies alike, the general who would oversee the logistical exodus told reporters traveling here with Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates.
- Iraq Budget Decisions Depend on Situation, Progress, England Says AFPS 01 Aug 2007 -- The Defense Department's 2008 budget request for the war on terror likely will be adjusted as leaders assess progress made by the U.S. troop surge in Iraq, the deputy secretary of defense said yesterday in congressional testimony.
- Iraq Makes Security, Economic, Political Gains, Officials Say AFPS 01 Aug 2007 -- Ongoing, tangible progress is being made in Iraq across security, economic and political fronts, U.S. officials said in Baghdad today.
- IRAQ: IDP camp in south closes to new arrivals IRIN 01 Aug 2007 -- An internally displaced persons (IDP) camp just outside the southern Iraqi city of Najaf has closed to new arrivals, forcing hundreds of Iraqis fleeing violence in Baghdad and neighbouring governorates to look elsewhere for refuge.
- IRAQ-JORDAN: New report urges donors to boost humanitarian aid IRIN 01 Aug 2007 -- Aid activists hope a new report on the dire conditions of eight million Iraqis will open the eyes of the world to a looming humanitarian crisis and push the international community to help.
- Iraq's Largest Sunni Bloc Quits Maliki Government VOA 01 Aug 2007 -- Iraq's largest Sunni Arab political bloc has announced its withdrawal from Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's coalition government, saying he has failed to meet the bloc's demands.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 01 Aug 2007 [PDF]
- Saudi Arabia Pledges to Support Iraq, Promote Regional Stability AFPS 01 Aug 2007 -- Saudi Arabia promised today to continue working with its Gulf neighbors to support Iraq's new government and promote stability in the region.
- At Least 50 Killed in Baghdad Suicide Attack VOA 01 Aug 2007 -- Iraqi police say at least 50 people were killed when a suicide bomber detonated a fuel tanker near a gas station in western Baghdad.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|