26 July 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 26 Jul 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MND-B unit targeted by small arms fire attack
- MNF-W forces attacked
- Marine dies in non-combat related incident
- MNC-I Soldier targeted by IED
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, July 26, 2007 MNF-I 26 Jul 2007 -- TOPIC: CURRENT OPERATIONS
- July 25 airpower summary: A-10s provide top cover AFPN 26 Jul 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations July 25, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Troops Detain Suspects in Iraq; U.S. Condemns Baghdad Attack AFPS 26 Jul 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces netted 39 suspects in Iraq over the past two days, and military officials strongly condemned an attack that killed at least 50 Iraqi soccer celebrants in Baghdad.
- Task Group 152 Enhances Regional Security and Stability Navy NewsStand 26 Jul 2007 -- Commander, Task Group (CTG) 152, currently commanded by Commander, Bonhomme Richard Expeditionary Strike Group (BHRESG) and Amphibious Squadron (PHIBRON) 7, is conducting Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in the Persian Gulf.
- Car Bomb Blast Kills 25 in Central Baghdad VOA 26 Jul 2007 -- Iraqi police say a car bomb has killed 25 people and wounded more than 70 in central Baghdad.
- Bush Urges Patience, Support as Troop Surge in Iraq Progresses AFPS 26 Jul 2007 -- Protecting American citizens requires more than tracking who's entering and leaving the country, screening cargo and making people take their shoes off at airports, President Bush said today in Philadelphia.
- U.S., Iraqi Generals Chart Security Progress in Baghdad AFPS 26 Jul 2007 -- Security progress in Iraq is undeniable, Iraqi and American leaders in Baghdad said today.
- US Military: More Accurate Attacks on Baghdad Green Zone Because of Militia Training in Iran VOA 26 Jul 2007 -- A top U.S. military commander in Iraq says militant mortar and rocket attacks on Baghdad's fortified Green Zone have been more accurate over the past three months because of training in Iran.
- Iraq, Afghanistan Campaigns Have Kept U.S. Safe, Intelligence Official Says AFPS 26 Jul 2007 -- The U.S. offensive targeting overseas terrorists has helped to prevent more Sept. 11-type attacks on the homeland, the defense department's top intelligence official told legislators at a Capitol Hill hearing yesterday.
- Iraq: New Sunni Boycott May Be End Of Moderates' Bloc RFE/RL 26 Jul 2007 -- The announcement on July 19 by the Iraqi Accordance Front, the largest Sunni political bloc, that it was ending its five-week boycott of the Iraqi parliament was seen as a boost that Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki desperately needed to show that he is still the leader capable of forming a broad-based coalition.
- Iraq Urges International Help for Nations Hosting Iraqi Refugees VOA 26 Jul 2007 -- Iraq is calling on the international community to assist nations who are hosting the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who have fled the war-torn country.
- Iran-US talks on Iraq have impacts on nuclear case IRNA 26 Jul 2007 -- Iran-US talks on Iraq security have impacts on nuclear case, Leader's representative to Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Hassan Rowhani said on Thursday.
- Jordan Appeals For Help With Iraqi Refugee Influx RFE/RL 26 Jul 2007 -- Jordan has appealed for international help to deal with hundreds of thousands of Iraqis it is hosting on its soil.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|