Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
24 July 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- President Bush Discusses War on Terror in South Carolina The White House 24 Jul 2007
- Bush Says Al-Qaida in Iraq Threatens America VOA 24 Jul 2007 -- President Bush is stressing the link between al-Qaida and Iraq, as he seeks to build support for his war policy
- Bush: Defeating al Qaeda in Iraq Key to Defeating al Qaeda Worldwide AFPS 24 Jul 2007 -- Defeating al Qaeda in Iraq is critical to defeating the larger al Qaeda terrorist network, and the United States won't stop short of that goal, President Bush said today at Charleston Air Force Base, S.C.
- Bush Urges Time, Resources for Troops in Iraq AFPS 24 Jul 2007 -- President Bush today praised the progress U.S. servicemembers are helping to make in Iraq and urged support and patience as they continue hunting down terrorists intent on creating a safe haven there.
- BRIEFING BY AMBASSADOR RYAN CROCKER, BAGHDAD, IRAQ, TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2007 MNF-I 24 Jul 2007
- Crocker: Iran's Actions, Not Words, Critical for Iraqi Security AFPS 24 Jul 2007 -- The success of today's talks between the United States, Iraq and Iran will be measured not by words, but through changing conditions on the ground in Iraq, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan C. Crocker said in Baghdad today.
- Iran Should Reconcile Actions with Talk, U.S. Iraq Envoy Says Washington File 24 Jul 2007 -- The United States would welcome Iran's bringing its practices in line with its stated policy of supporting a stable and democratic Iraq, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker said July 24.
- US 'Campaign Plan' Predicts Two Years to Establish Security in Iraq VOA 24 Jul 2007 -- A U.S. military spokesman has confirmed that the top commander in Baghdad and the U.S. ambassador have developed a new 'Campaign Plan' that sets a goal of establishing security in Baghdad and other population centers by June of next year, and throughout the country a year later
- US Military Plan Envisions American Troops in Iraq Until At Least 2009 VOA 24 Jul 2007 -- A revised U.S. military plan for Iraq envisions American troops being in that country for at least another two years.
- Iran, US agree to form security committee on Iraq IRNA 24 Jul 2007 -- The Islamic Republic of Iran and the US in the second round of direct talks on Tuesday agreed to form a security committee to help restore stability and security to Iraq.
- U.S., Iran To Form Panel On Stabilizing Iraq RFE/RL 24 Jul 2007 -- The chief U.S. envoy at talks with Iranian officials in Baghdad today announced that Iran, Iraq, and the United States will set up a special panel to explore ways to stabilize Iraq.
- US, Iran, Iraq Setting Up Subcommittee on Iraqi Security VOA 24 Jul 2007 -- U.S. and Iranian diplomats, meeting in Baghdad for the second time in two months, agreed Tuesday to set up a joint subcommittee with Iraq on Iraqi security issues
- Al-Maliki Urges U.S., Iran To Support Iraqi Stability RFE/RL 24 Jul 2007 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has urged Washington and Tehran to support stability in Iraq
- US, Iranian Envoys Hold Security Talks on Iraq VOA 24 Jul 2007 -- Envoys from the United States and Iran are holding a second round of talks on the security situation in Iraq, in a rare meeting between the two sides.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list