23 July 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 23 Jul 2007 [PDF]
- MNC-I Soldier targeted by IED
- Task Force Marne Soldier died of wounds
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MNF-W forces attacked
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- July 22 airpower summary: C-5s share the load AFPN 23 Jul 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations July 22, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Forces Continue to Close in on Terrorists Networks AFPS 23 Jul 2007 -- Coalition forces captured 12 suspected terrorists during operations targeting al Qaeda and its logistics networks around Iraq today.
- Security forces Airmen protect Sather Air Base AFPN 23 Jul 2007 -- Every week, more than 2,000 foreign nationals bring an average 600 vehicles in and out of Sather Air Base -- Baghdad's only passenger and cargo airfield. Many of these foreign nationals go unescorted in the rest of the Victory Base Complex -- and for this reason, strict precautions are required.
- Senate Democrats Hope US Voters Will Press for Change of Course in Iraq VOA 23 Jul 2007 -- U.S. Senate Democrats hope their Republican counterparts will face pressure from voters to change course in Iraq, after Republicans last week blocked legislation calling for a U.S. troop withdrawal from that country
- US to Press Iran for 'Change of Behavior' in Iraq VOA 23 Jul 2007 -- The State Department says U.S. Ambassador to Baghdad Ryan Crocker will again press Iran to halt destabilizing activities in Iraq when he meets his Iranian counterpart in the Iraqi capital Tuesday
- JORDAN-SYRIA: Deputy UNHCR head wraps up two-country tour IRIN 23 Jul 2007 -- Deputy Head of UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) Craig Johnstone said at the end of his first trip to Jordan and Syria that progress had been made on the plight of Iraqi refugees.
- Baghdad Revives as Surge, Economic Programs Take Effect AFPS 23 Jul 2007 -- Surge-related crackdowns on extremists combined with infrastructure improvements are helping to resuscitate Baghdad's business and entertainment districts, U.S. and Iraqi officials said yesterday.
- Reconstruction Projects Helping Iraq Establish Rule of Law AFPS 23 Jul 2007 -- Projects being funded through Iraqi reconstruction relief funds are providing critical facilities for Iraq's government to establish rule of law, senior officials in Baghdad told reporters.
- World Iran-U.S. talks on Iraq security to start Tuesday - Iranian diplomat RIA novosti 23 Jul 2007 -- Iran's ambassador to Iraq confirmed that talks between his country and the United States on security issues in Iraq would begin Tuesday in Baghdad.
- Analysis: Strange Summer Days for the U.S. and Iraq cfr.org 23 Jul 2007 -- In at least one sign that U.S. and Iraqi timelines are in sync, lawmakers from both countries are planning a summer recess in early August
- IRAQ: Authorities plan to issue special IDs to Baghdad residents IRIN 23 Jul 2007 -- In a bid to reduce sectarian violence, the Iraqi authorities have decided to issue special IDs to Baghdad residents to make it easy to identify militants, a senior military officer said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|