11 July 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 11 Jul 2007 [PDF]
- MND-B Soldier dies from non-battle related cause
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press briefing with Brig. Gen. Kevin Bergner, spokesman, Multi-National Force - Iraq, July 11, 2007 MNF-I 11 Jul 2007 -- TOPIC: OPERATIONAL UPDATE
- Airmen lead multinational effort for Iraqi bombing victims AFPN 11 Jul 2007 -- Airmen from the 506th Air Expeditionary Group here coordinated and carried out a multinational effort to receive and airlift 21 injured Iraqi civilians for treatment in Turkey July 8.
- Two Terrorists Killed, 21 Detained in Iraq Raids Today AFPS 11 Jul 2007 -- Two terrorists were killed and 21 suspects detained in raids targeting al Qaeda throughout Iraq today.
- Antiterrorism Successes Continue in Iraq Despite Foreign-Born Resistance AFPS 11 Jul 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces have killed or captured hundreds of al Qaeda members in Iraq over the past two months, including 26 of the terror network's "high-value" leaders and a would-be bomber, a Multinational Force Iraq spokesman said.
- July 10 Airpower Summary: Tankers fuel the fight AFPN 11 Jul 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops during operations July 10, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Bush Looks to Bolster Republican Support on Iraq VOA 11 Jul 2007 -- President Bush is working to shore up support among fellow Republicans for the war in Iraq, even as opinion polls suggest that public backing for the war effort continues to erode
- US Senate Republican Opposition to Bush Strategy in Iraq Continues to Grow VOA 11 Jul 2007 -- U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe is the latest Senate Republican to break with President Bush on his strategy in Iraq
- US Expects al-Qaida in Iraq to Stage 'Spectacular Attacks' After Setbacks VOA 11 Jul 2007 -- The U.S. military says it expects al-Qaida in Iraq to lash out with "spectacular attacks" after major U.S.-led offensives have disrupted the group's activities.
- IRAQ: Aid agency appeals for help for 1,000 IDPs in desert camp IRIN 11 Jul 2007 -- Urgent relocation is needed for 185 displaced families stranded in the harsh conditions of a desert camp in southern Iraq, the Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS) says.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 11 Jul 2007 [PDF]
- Turkey: Incursion Into Northern Iraq Could Backfire RFE/RL 11 Jul 2007 -- Last week, Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul said Ankara had a plan in place for military incursions into northern Iraq to destroy Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) bases there.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|