06 July 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 06 Jul 2007 [PDF]
- MNC-I Soldier killed in combat operations
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Lynch from Iraq 06 Jul 2007 -- Presenter: Commander, Multinational Division Center and 3rd Infantry Division Maj. Gen. Rick Lynch
- July 5 airpower summary: Tankers fuel coalition airpower AFPN 06 Jul 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations July 5, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Air Force, Army medics provide free care to Iraqis AFPN 06 Jul 2007 -- Trust in the good faith of people is fragile and bruised for Iraqi civilians in Baghdad according to Staff Sgt. Kelly Jette, 447th Expeditionary Medical Squadron medic.
- Controllers call in air strike to disrupt enemy AFPN 06 Jul 2007 -- Situated in a dusty Army headquarters tent at this forward operating base south of Baghdad, a team of joint tactical air control party Airmen orchestrated the destruction of an explosives-laden roadway recently, stopping the flow of ordnance and weapons into Iraq's capital.
- Coalition Troops Kill Three Terrorists, Detain Eight AFPS 06 Jul 2007 -- Coalition forces killed three terrorists and detained eight suspects during operations targeting al Qaeda operatives in Iraq's Anbar province today.
- Early Troop Pullout Would Leave Iraq 'a Mess,' General Says AFPS 06 Jul 2007 -- A premature withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq would leave the country at the mercy of its enemies, a senior U.S. military officer said today.
- Another US General Calls for More Time in Iraq VOA 06 Jul 2007 -- Amid growing pressure from the congress for the start of a U.S. withdrawal from Iraq this year, a senior U.S. commander in Iraq is warning that a premature withdrawal would create, in his words, "a mess."
- Another US Senate Republican Calls for New Iraq Strategy VOA 06 Jul 2007 -- A growing number of Republicans are breaking rank with President Bush on Iraq, with Senator Pete Domenici of New Mexico the latest to call for a new strategy
- UN Says More Than Four Million Iraqis Have Fled Their Homes VOA 06 Jul 2007 -- The United Nations estimates there are now more than four million Iraqis who are either internally displaced or have fled the violence in their homeland to become refugees, mostly in neighboring states
- UN Urges More Aid for Jordan, Syria to Cope With Iraqi Refugees VOA 06 Jul 2007 -- The United Nations refugee agency says it is "unconscionable" that Jordan and Syria are being left alone to deal with a huge Iraqi refugee crisis.
- World Faces Mammoth Iraqi Refugee Crisis VOA 06 Jul 2007 -- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees -- or UNHCR -- estimates there are now 1.2 million Iraqi refugees in Syria, 750,000 in Jordan, 100,000 in Egypt, 54,000 in Iran, 40,000 in Lebanon, and 10,000 in Turkey
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|