21 June 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 21 Jun 2007 [PDF]
- TF Marne Soldiers attacked
- MND-B patrol struck by improvised explosive device
- MNF-W forces attacked
- Improvised explosive device strikes MND-B patrol
- MNC-I vehicle struck by rocket propelled grenade
- Transcript: DoD Media Roundtable With Secretary Gates and Gen. Pace in the Pentagon Briefing Room, Arlington, Va. 21 Jun 2007 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates and Joint Chiefs of Staff General Peter Pace
- June 20 airpower summary: B-1B takes out targets AFPN 21 Jun 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops troops in Afghanistan during operations June 20, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Iraq Operations Kill, Capture Scores of Terrorists AFPS 21 Jun 2007 -- A series of anti-insurgent operations conducted across Iraq by U.S. and Iraqi troops in recent days has resulted in the killing or capture of scores of terrorists and the seizure of copious amounts of enemy ordnance, U.S. military officials reported.
- Marne Torch continues clearing insurgent safe havens MNF-I 21 Jun 2007 -- Task Force Marne continues its sixth day of offensive operations to clear extremist sanctuaries in the Arab Jabour area which is located southeast of Baghdad.
- Operation Commando Eagle starts off strong MNF-I 21 Jun 2007 -- A joint operation geared toward curbing terrorist activity southwest of Baghdad is yielding results almost immediately.
- Gates, Pace Discuss Spike in Iraq Violence AFPS 21 Jun 2007 -- The spike in violence and the increase in the number of U.S. servicemembers killed in Iraq is tied to the new strategy that involves rooting insurgents out from their hiding places, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said today.
- Top US Military Officer Warns of More American Casualties in Iraq VOA 21 Jun 2007 -- Senior U.S. Defense Department officials said Thursday there will be more violence and more casualties in Iraq as the higher number of U.S. troops pursue their new offensive.
- Likely Divisive Hearing Cited in Decision on Joint Chiefs of Staff Washington File 21 Jun 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he recommended against renewing the term of General Peter Pace as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the most senior military officer in the United States, because he wanted to prevent an antagonistic, Iraq-focused Senate hearing that might harm the nation.
- IRAQ: Hundreds flee homes as Turkish forces battle Kurdish fighters IRIN 21 Jun 2007 -- Hundreds of Iraqi Kurds have been forced to flee their homes after up to 30,000 Turkish soldiers massed on the Iraqi-Turkish border and launched attacks against Kurdish fighters, Iraqi border police say.
- Iraq: Kurdish Official Says Kirkuk Normalization To Proceed RFE/RL 21 Jun 2007 -- Fu'ad Husayn, director of the presidential office for the Kurdistan regional government (KRG) told RFE/RL Iraq analyst Kathleen Ridolfo that the Kurds are confident Kirkuk will be integrated into the Kurdistan regional government
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|