Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
16 June 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- June 15 airpower summary: Strike Eagles strike enemy positions AFPN 16 Jun 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations June 15, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Bombers Attack Sunni Mosque In Al-Basrah RFE/RL 16 Jun 2007 -- Bombers attacked a Sunni mosque in the southern Iraqi city of Al-Basrah today
- US Launches New Offensives in Baghdad VOA 16 Jun 2007 -- The American commander in Iraq says his forces have launched new offensives against al-Qaida insurgents in and around Baghdad during the last 24 hours, making use of the last of the additional combat forces President Bush ordered to Iraq in January
- Gates: Troop Surge Will Take Time to Judge AFPS 16 Jun 2007 -- The U.S. troop surge into Iraq is just starting to have its full-intended impact, and it will take time to judge its effectiveness, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said after meeting with U.S. and Iraqi leaders here today.
- Secretary Gates Makes Fourth Visit to Iraq To Discuss Progress Washington File 16 Jun 2007 -- In his fourth visit to Iraq, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates is meeting with senior U.S. military and Iraqi leaders to discuss the progress on reconciliation and confronting sectarian violence.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list