13 June 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 13 Jun 2007 [PDF]
- Roadside bombs strike two MND-B patrols
- MNF-W forces attacked
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD Press Briefing with Lt. Gen. Dempsey from the Pentagon Briefing Room, Arlington, Va 13 Jun 2007 -- Presenter: Lieutenant General Martin Dempsey, Former Commander, Multinational Security Transition Command-Iraq
- June 12 airpower summary: Strike Eagles strike fear AFPN 13 Jun 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations June 12, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Maintainers keep Balad radar running 'round the clock AFPN 13 Jun 2007 -- Located about 50 feet above the ground are Balad Air Base's surveillance radar systems. Kept running around the clock scanning the sky to help maintain air superiority, these systems require persistent, daily maintenance.
- Civil engineer Airmen paving way for Iraqi Army AFPN 13 Jun 2007 -- Members of the 407th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron are constructing a 44,000-square-foot concrete drill pad at Camp Mittica, Iraq
- Coalition Forces Kill, Detain Terrorists AFPS 13 Jun 2007 -- In operations throughout Iraq over the past three days, coalition and Iraqi forces killed nine terrorists and detained 76 suspected terrorists, military officials reported.
- Explosions Destroy Minarets at Golden Mosque; U.S. Officials Condemn Attack AFPS 13 Jun 2007 -- Two minarets at the Golden Mosque compound in Samarra, Iraq, were destroyed around 9 a.m. today, military officials reported.
- Iraq Insurgents Repeat Attack on Shi'ite Shrine VOA 13 Jun 2007 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has moved quickly to prevent any escalation of sectarian violence following the bombing of a Shi'ite shrine north of Baghdad
- Explosion Destroys Minarets At Iraqi Shi'ite Shrine RFE/RL 13 Jun 2007 -- Suspected Sunni insurgents blew up the minarets of a revered Shi'ite shrine in the Iraqi city of Samarra today, raising fears the attack could provoke further sectarian bloodshed.
- Officials Urge Calm in Iraq While Planning Way Ahead After Mosque Attack AFPS 13 Jun 2007 -- A senior U.S. military official in Iraq joined Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki today in urging calm in the wake of an attack today on the Golden Mosque compound in Samarra, Iraq.
- Growth in Iraqi Forces Will Ensure Training Depth, Unity, General Says AFPS 13 Jun 2007 -- Given the levels of violence in Iraq and anticipation of a declining U.S. presence in the future, the Iraqi security forces need to grow in 2008 at about the same rate they're growing this year, the U.S. general who was in charge of training Iraqi forces until this week said here today.
- United States Deplores Second Attack on Samarra Mosque Washington File 13 Jun 2007 -- The United States deplores the latest attack on the al-Askari Mosque in Samarra and pledges "aggressive outreach" to help the Iraqi government prevent renewed outbreaks of sectarian violence, White House spokesman Tony Snow said June 13.
- Top US General Cites Corruption, Disorganization Among Local Iraqi Forces VOA 13 Jun 2007 -- U.S. lawmakers got the chance to question the man who recently led the multi-national force in charge of training Iraq's new security and police forces
- PRESS CONFERENCE BY IRAQI SCHOLARS ON ATTACK AGAINST HOLY SHRINES United Nations 13 Jun 2007
- Secretary-General leads UN outcry against attack on holy site in Iraq UN News Centre 13 Jun 2007 -- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and his envoy to Iraq today strongly condemned the attack against holy shrines in Samarra, where a blast last February triggered a wave of deadly sectarian violence across the country.
- Quarterly Iraq Report Cites Progress, Challenges AFPS 13 Jun 2007 -- It's still too early to assess the impact of the new strategy in Iraq, but more progress is expected as additional troops come on line to boost security in Baghdad, according to the latest quarterly report to Congress, released today.
- Iraq: Mosque Bombing A Test For Emerging Political Climate RFE/RL 13 Jun 2007 -- Sunni insurgents have once again attacked the Al-Askari (Golden) Mosque in an apparent attempt to goad Shi'a into launching retalitory actions.
- Iraq: Religious Leaders Build Cross-Sectarian Dialogue RFE/RL 13 Jun 2007 -- Amid deepening challenges in Iraq, a dozen senior Iraqi religious and civil-society leaders have gathered at the United Nations to help forge global partnerships to rebuild Iraqi national consensus.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 13 Jun 2007 [PDF]
- Analysis: Arming Iraq's Sunni Insurgents cfr.org 13 Jun 2007 -- The key to understanding progress in Iraq may be in the metrics. U.S. troops are expected to hit their high point at the end of June
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|