31 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 31 May 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- MND-B patrol struck by roadside bomb
- MND-B Soldier dies of wounds from IED strike
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- May 30 airpower: F-15Es provide cover for ground forces AFPN 31 May 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations May 30, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Militia Commander's Capture Highlights Recent Iraq Operations AFPS 31 May 2007 -- Iraqi troops captured a militia commander, a U.S. helicopter crew destroyed a heavily armed vehicle, and an Iraqi police chief and more than a dozen associates have been arrested, military officials reported.
- Troops Continue to Adapt to Enemy Tactics in Iraq AFPS 31 May 2007 -- May has been a deadly month for U.S. troops in Iraq, but they are adapting to the situation, the commander of Multinational Corps Iraq said today.
- Suicide Bombing in Fallujah Kills 20 VOA 31 May 2007 -- Iraqi authorities say a suicide bomber has killed at least 20 people at a police recruiting center in the western city of Fallujah.
- Boxer Expeditionary Strike Group Completes 9 Month Deployment Navy NewsStand 31 May 2007 -- Boxer Expeditionary Strike Group (BOXESG) returned from its twice-extended Western Pacific deployment May 31 to the cheers of friends and family.
- USS Bonhomme Richard Off-Loads 13th MEU Navy NewsStand 31 May 2007 -- The USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) (BHR) off-loaded the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) here May 25-28.
- Transcript: DoD Press Briefing with Lt. Gen. Odierno from the Pentagon 31 May 2007 -- Presenter: U.S. Army, Commander, Multinational Corps-Iraq Lieutenant General Ray Odierno
- Odierno: More Time May Be Needed for Iraq Assessment AFPS 31 May 2007 -- While military leaders will present an assessment of the progress of the new strategy in Iraq by a September deadline, a U.S. military commander in Iraq said it may be too soon to get a good feel for progress in the country.
- US General Says He May Need More Time to Assess Iraq Surge VOA 31 May 2007 -- The U.S. ground forces commander in Iraq says he might need more time to assess the impact of the new security plan, beyond the September assessment President Bush and the Congress are expecting
- Gates: Political Climate Shouldn't Affect Commander's Iraq Assessment AFPS 31 May 2007 -- Army Gen. David H. Petraeus needs to focus on the situation in Iraq, not the political climate in Washington, when he files his report on conditions there, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates told reporters here today.
- Bush, Iraq's Talabani Reaffirm Commitment To Meet Benchmarks Washington File 31 May 2007 -- President Bush and Iraqi President Jalal Talabani reaffirmed their commitment to Iraqi national reconciliation at a White House meeting May 31.
- Bush, Talabani Reaffirm Need for Iraq to Meet Goals VOA 31 May 2007 -- President Bush met Thursday with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani.
- Reconciliation Needed for Peace in Iraq, Odierno Says AFPS 31 May 2007 -- While all eyes are focused on the surge of U.S. troops into Baghdad, a top military commander stressed today that military force alone cannot solve the problems of the country.
- Time, Patience Needed for Surge Payoff, General Says AFPS 31 May 2007 -- The U.S. troop surge in Iraq will pay off with time and patience, a top U.S. commander in Iraq said today.
- Iraq: Christian Population Dwindling Due To Threats, Attacks RFE/RL 31 May 2007 -- Leaders of Iraq's Christian community estimate that over two-thirds of the country's Christian population has fled the country since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003.
- Turkey military blasts NATO allies for support of Kurdish rebels RIA Novosti 31 May 2007 -- The Turkish chief of general staff accused Thursday some NATO allies of providing assistance to Kurdish separatists in the southeast of the country, but did not specify the targets of his criticism.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|