Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
29 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Press briefing with Ambassador Ryan Crocker, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, after meeting with Iranian and Iraqi ambassadors, May 29, 2007 MNF-I 29 May 2007
- U.S. Ambassador: Iran's Actions Must Match Words AFPS 29 May 2007 -- Iranian delegates advocated a peaceful and secure Iraq during a weekend meeting, but Iran's actions on the ground aren't in synch with its stated policies and principles, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker told reporters yesterday.
- Iran Must Halt Support for Militant Groups in Iraq, U.S. Says Washignton File 29 May 2007 -- Iraqi, Iranian and U.S. officials found "broad agreement" on overall policy and principles regarding "support for a secure, stable, democratic, federal Iraq, in control of its own security, at peace with its neighbors," Ryan Crocker, U.S. ambassador to Iraq, said following a meeting of all three parties May 28 in Baghdad, Iraq.
- UN trains nine Iraqi election commissioners UN News Centre 29 May 2007 -- The United Nations, which has long supported the convening of democratic elections in Iraq, today kicked off a week-long session to train nine new members of the country's Independent High Electoral Commission.
- Iraq: UN envoy condemns attack on Baghdad mosque UN News Centre 29 May 2007 -- The top United Nations envoy to Iraq today condemned in the strongest terms the deadly attack on the Shrine of Abdul-Qader Al-Bilani Mosque in Baghdad, calling on those responsible to be brought to justice.
- IRAQ: UN report highlights plight of over 800,000 IDPs IRIN 29 May 2007 -- Escalating fighting and sectarian violence are forcing hundreds of families in Iraq to flee their homes on a daily basis, aid agencies say.
- Analysis: Iraq Draws U.S., Iran to the Table cfr.org 29 May 2007 -- Two Iranian-American academics sit in Iranian jail cells, charged with espionage (BBC), and five Iranian operatives remain prisoners of U.S. forces in Iraq
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list