Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Pace Says Iraqis Must Step Up to Governance Challenge AFPS 28 May 2007 -- The Iraqi government needs to step forward to make progress in governance and revitalize the economy, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today during appearances on various morning television talk shows.
- Iran's envoy hopes Iran-US talks will bolster Iraqi sovereignty IRNA 28 May 2007 -- Iran's Ambassador to Baghdad Hassan Kazemi Qomi on Monday hoped that Iran-US talks in Baghdad would contribute to Iraqi national sovereignty.
- Mottaki says pullout will stop bloodbath in Iraq IRNA 28 May 2007 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Monday that the occupying powers are required to announce pullout timetable to stop bloodbath in Iraq.
- Iran-US talks on Iraq only focus on Iraqi issues: FM IRNA 28 May 2007 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said here Monday nothing other than Iraqi issues will be on the agenda of talks being held between Iran and the US in Baghdad.
- Iran-US talks on Iraq held behind closed doors IRNA 28 May 2007 -- The Islamic Republic of Iran and the US held their first round of official talks on Iraq behind the closed doors.
- U.S., Iranian Ambassadors Meet In Baghdad RFE/RL 28 May 2007 -- The U.S. and Iranian ambassadors to Iraq, Ryan Crocker and Hassan Kazemi-Qomi, held their much-anticipated talks this morning in Baghdad.
- Baghdad talks produce trilateral committee on Iraq security RIA Novosti 28 May 2007 -- The U.S., Iran and Iraq agreed Monday to set up a committee on security issues in Iraq, the Iranian ambassador to Baghdad said following a rare display of direct diplomacy between Washington and Tehran.
- US, Iran Affirm Common Goals in Iraq During Rare Talks VOA 28 May 2007 -- Rare talks between Iran and the United States have concluded in Baghdad, where U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker said officials on both sides affirmed they share common policies aimed at a future stable and democratic Iraq, but he also insisted Iran stop supporting insurgent militias
- Iran optimistic, U.S. cautious as sides meet after three decades RIA Novosti 28 May 2007 -- The Iranian president said Monday that the highest-profile U.S.-Iranian talks in nearly 30 years had no connection to the nuclear controversy surrounding Tehran, while the U.S. again warned Iran against arming and training its enemies in Iraq.
- Baghdad warns Turkey against military operation in N.Iraq RIA Novosti 28 May 2007 -- Iraqi authorities said a Turkish military operation against Kurdish separatists in Northern Iraq is unacceptable, Turkish news agency ANKA reported Monday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list