17 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 17 May 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Gen. Conway from the Pentagon 17 May 2007 -- Presenter: Commandant USMC Gen. James Conway
- Marine Commandant Says Iraq's Anbar Province Less Violent VOA 17 May 2007 -- The commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, General James Conway, says his forces in volatile al Anbar province are continuing to see a significant reduction in violence
- May 16 airpower summary: Fueling the mission AFPN 17 May 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan in the following operations May 16, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- President Bush Participates in Joint Press Availability with United Kingdom Prime Minister Blair The White House 17 May 2007
- Bush, Britain's Blair Say U.S.-U.K. Ties Remain Strong Washington File 17 May 2007 -- President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair praised the strength of the U.S.-U.K. relationship and recapped shared national goals at a joint appearance during what likely is Blair's last official visit to Washington.
- Bush, Blair Call U.S.-U.K. Relationship Key to World Peace AFPS 17 May 2007 -- President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair praised each other's courage and stressed the continuing importance of the U.S.-British partnership at the White House today in what may be their last joint news conference.
- Blair Promises Britain Will Remain Staunch Ally of US VOA 17 May 2007 -- U.S. President George Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair met for what will probably be the last time at the White House Thursday, weeks before the prime minister steps down
- US House of Representatives Approves Defense Authorization Measure VOA 17 May 2007 -- The U.S. House of Representatives has approved by a vote of 397 to 27 legislation authorizing about $644 billion for defense spending in 2008, including billions for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Al Qaeda Chief Foe of Anbar Residents, Officials Say AFPS 17 May 2007 -- Al Qaeda is the chief threat plaguing the residents of Anbar province in western Iraq, a senior U.S. military official said yesterday.
- Iraqi air force capabilities continue to increase AFPN 17 May 2007 -- The capabilities of the Iraqi air force continue to grow as they performed their first double patient transfer May 8 here.
- Iraq Industrial Revitalization Continues AFPS 17 May 2007 -- A Defense Department task force is in Baghdad again this month working with the Iraqi government to revitalize Iraq's industry and restore normalcy to the economy.
- IRAQ-SYRIA: UNHCR highlights Palestinian refugees' plight in desert camp IRIN 17 May 2007 -- Hundreds of Palestinian refugees stranded at al-Waleed makeshift camp in no-man's land between the desert borders of Iraq and Syria are living in precarious conditions and people could die if they do not get medical treatment, the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) said on 15 May.
- Mottaki says Iran-US talks on Iraq to be held on May 28 IRNA 17 May 2007 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Thursday that ambassadors of Iran and the United States will have direct talks on Iraq security on May 28.
- US, Iranian Officials to Discuss Iraq VOA 17 May 2007 -- Iran's foreign minister says Tehran will begin direct talks with the United States about Iraqi security later this month
- Iranian, U.S. Officials To Meet In Iraq On May 28 RFE/RL 17 May 2007 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Manuchehr Mottaki says Iranian and U.S. officials will meet in Iraq on May 28 to discuss security in Iraq.
- Iraq Faces Disintegration According to British Think Tank VOA 17 May 2007 -- Iraq is beset by, not one, but numerous civil wars and insurgencies, society is breaking down increasingly along ethnic and sectarian lines, and the central government is largely powerless and ineffective
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|