08 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 08 May 2007 [PDF]
- PATROL STRUCK BY IED SOUTHEAST OF BAGHDAD
- Teleconference between Gen. David Petraeus, MNF-I commander, and Associated Press reporters, May 8, 2007 MNF-I 08 May 2007
- JTACs call in 'guardian angels' AFPN 08 May 2007 -- From forward positions, JTACs employ highly-detailed communication channels and a well-coordinated process to execute the CAS mission
- RED HORSE helps build combat brigade base in 45 days AFPN 08 May 2007 -- Two months ago, Forward Operating Base Shawshook, near Besmaya Range, was nothing more than dirt and tumbleweeds.
- USS Nimitz Strike Group Arrives in 5th Fleet Navy NewsStand 08 May 2007 -- The Nimitz Carrier Strike Group (CSG) entered the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations May 8 to conduct maritime security operations (MSO) in regional waters, and provide air support to ground forces operating in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Remaining 2007 Active-duty Army Iraq Rotation Announced May 8 Army News Release 08 May 2007 -- The Department of the Army confirmed today, May 8, the Department of Defense announcement that 10 Army brigade combat teams will begin deploying in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in August 2007 as part of the next routine rotation of forces.
- Defense Department Announces Next Iraq Troop Rotation AFPS 08 May 2007 -- Defense Department officials today announced the next 10 Army brigade combat teams to deploy to Iraq to replace units currently operating there.
- DoD Announces Force Adjustments 08 May 2007 -- The Department of Defense announced today additional major units scheduled to deploy in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom
- United States Urges Iraqi Neighbors To Play Constructive Role Washignton File 08 May 2007 -- The United States wants Iraq's neighbors to translate their stated support for a stable Iraq into actions that will help reduce the violence in that nation, according to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
- US Lawmakers Argue Over Iraq Funding Action VOA 08 May 2007 -- Republicans and Democrats in Congress are looking at ways to find a compromise that will provide continued funding for the war in Iraq
- Honor Killings Fuel Tensions in Iraq's Kurdish North VOA 08 May 2007 -- In Iraq's northern Kurdistan region, government officials are trying to understand and stop a rise in honor killings
- IRAQ: River Tigris becoming a graveyard of bodies IRIN 08 May 2007 -- The River Tigris has long been a symbol of prosperity in Iraq but since the US-led invasion in 2003, this amazing watercourse has turned into a graveyard of bodies
- Iraq Car Bomb Kills At Least 16 RFE/RL 08 May 2007 -- Iraqi police say that a car bomb exploded in the Shi'ite holy city of Al-Kufah today, killing at least 16 people.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|