Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
01 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 01 May 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- MNC-I Soldier dies of non-battle related cause
- April 30 airpower summary: C-130s sustain war effort AFPN 01 May 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force, or ISAF, in Afghanistan in the following operations April 30, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Aerial porters save lives by moving air cargo in Iraq AFPN 01 May 2007 -- Moving supplies, equipment and people from place to place in a convoy anywhere in Iraq is very risky business.
- Coalition Forces Kill Seven, Nab 21; Car Bomb, Weapons Destroyed AFPS 01 May 2007 -- Coalition forces killed seven suspected terrorists, detained 21 others, and destroyed a car bomb and weapons during operations in Iraq over the past two days.
- Al Qaida in Iraq Leader Reported Killed VOA 01 May 2007 -- A spokesman for Iraq's Interior ministry says intelligence reports indicate al Qaida in Iraq leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri has been killed in a battle with al-Qaida members in a town north of Baghdad
- Iraq Investigating Reports Al-Qaeda In Iraq Leader Killed RFE/RL 01 May 2007 -- The Iraqi Interior Ministry says it is investigating reports that the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, has been killed.
- President Bush Rejects Artificial Deadline, Vetoes Iraq War Supplemental The White House 01 May 2007
- Iraq Funding Bill Vetoed by Bush VOA 01 May 2007 -- President Bush has vetoed more than $124 billion worth of funding for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq because the measure includes a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq
- Bush Vetoes War-Funding Bill AFPS 01 May 2007 -- President Bush today vetoed an emergency war-funding bill that includes timelines for withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq, calling on members of Congress to put politics aside and give the troops the funding they need to accomplish their mission.
- Analysis: No Surprise, Iraq Bill Draws Veto cfr.org 01 May 2007 -- Almost instantly after their legislative victory linking Iraq war funding to a timeline for withdrawing U.S. troops, Democratic lawmakers began looking at alternatives to their bill.
- Iraq Funding Bill Faces Bush Veto VOA 01 May 2007 -- President Bush is preparing to veto a bill funding the war in Iraq and military operations in Afghanistan, because it contains a timetable for withdrawing U.S. forces from Iraq
- Bush Says Failure in Iraq Would Be 'Unacceptable' VOA 01 May 2007 -- President Bush says coalition forces are making progress against insurgents in Iraq
- US Envoy Says Reported Death of Iraq al-Qaida Leader Won't End Attacks VOA 01 May 2007 -- The new U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, Ryan Crocker, says the reported death of Iraqi terrorist leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri would be a welcome development. But he says it would not end attacks in that country by al-Qaida
- Gates: Officials Expected Rise in Violence as Security Plan Unfolds AFPS 01 May 2007 -- Commanders on the ground expected the rise in violence that has accompanied the U.S. troop surge into Baghdad, and the new security plan there will take time to be effective, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said here today.
- Rice Heading to Egypt for Iraq Meetings VOA 01 May 2007 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice leaves Washington late Tuesday for Egypt and two critical international meetings on Iraq's future, to be attended by, among others Iran and Syria
- US UN Envoy Says Iran Has Role to Play In Stabilizing Iraq VOA 01 May 2007 -- America's new representative at the United Nations says Iran has a significant role to play in bringing stability to Iraq
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list