Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
27 April 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 27 Apr 2007 [PDF]
- MNF-W forces attacked
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- April 26 airpower summary: Transports keep cargo flowing AFPN 27 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan in the following operations April 26, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- A-10 provides top cover for troops in Iraq AFPN 27 Apr 2007 -- The catalysts behind one of the most kinetically advanced air forces in the world can be found at the 438th Air Expeditionary Group's maintenance and fighter squadrons.
- Coalition Forces Detain 13 Suspects; Detainee Dies in Camp Bucca AFPS 27 Apr 2007 -- In operations throughout Iraq today, coalition forces detained 13 suspected terrorists, military officials reported. Also, a detainee died yesterday at Camp Bucca, Iraq.
- Progress Continues Despite 'Spectacular' Attacks, General Says AFPS 27 Apr 2007 -- Progress continues in Iraq despite headline-grabbing enemy attacks, a top U.S. general in Iraq said yesterday.
- Operation Commando Dive leads to detentions, cache finds MNF-I 27 Apr 2007 -- A multifaceted-coalition operation in the Shubayshen area, just south of Baghdad, led to the detentions of almost 50 detainees and a number of cache finds April 21.
- Ban Ki-moon heads to Sharm el-Sheikh next week for Iraq Compact launch UN News Centre 27 Apr 2007 -- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon heads to Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, next week for the formal launch of the International Compact with Iraq (ICI), a five-year peace and development plan which envisages a reciprocal relationship between peace-building and economic prosperity in the war-ravaged country.
- Iraq: Premier's Political Position Increasingly Shaky RFE/RL 27 Apr 2007 -- Attacked by Iraqi lawmakers for being ineffective, pressured by U.S. officials to produce results, and constantly dealing with the unending cycle of violence, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's political leadership has been under fire since he has was appointed a year ago.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list