Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
26 April 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 26 Apr 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Gen. Petraeus from the Pentagon 26 Apr 2007 -- Presenter: Commander, Multinational Force-Iraq Gen. David Petraeus
- April 25 airpower summary: A-10s give commanders lethal options AFPN 26 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan in the following operations April 25, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Forces Kill Seven Terrorists, Disrupt Car-Bomb Cell AFPS 26 Apr 2007 -- Coalition forces in Iraq today killed seven terrorists and disrupted a vehicle-bomb network, military officials reported.
- Progress Continues in Iraq Despite Sensational Attacks, Petraeus Says AFPS 26 Apr 2007 -- Sensational car bomb attacks staged by al Qaeda in Iraq may grab headlines, but coalition and Iraqi forces are making real progress on the ground and steadily achieving significant successes, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq told reporters here today.
- Petraeus: Interrogations Reveal Iranian Influence in Iraq AFPS 26 Apr 2007 -- Through interrogations of key detainees in the past month, the United States has learned a great deal about Iranian involvement in terrorist activities in Iraq, specifically the financing and training of insurgent groups, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq said here today.
- US General Says Iran-Linked Group Attacked US Troops VOA 26 Apr 2007 -- The top U.S. commander in Iraq says an Iraqi group affiliated with an elite Iranian force carried out an attack last year in which five U.S. soldiers were killed near the Iraqi town of Karbala
- Suicide Bombing at Iraqi Army Checkpoint Kills 9 Soldiers VOA 26 Apr 2007 -- Iraqi police say a suicide car bomber has rammed his vehicle into an Iraqi army checkpoint north of Baghdad, killing nine soldiers.
- Lawmakers Discussing Post-Veto Strategies on Iraq Funding VOA 26 Apr 2007 -- U.S. lawmakers are already consulting on next steps after President Bush's expected veto next week of Iraq-Afghanistan war funding legislation
- Senate Approves War Funding Bill, Timeline for Iraq Troop Pullout VOA 26 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. Senate, following the lead of the House of Representatives, has approved a compromise bill that funds military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan
- U.S. House Passes Bill Calling For Iraq Withdrawal RFE/RL 26 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. House of Representatives has defied President George W. Bush's veto threat and approved a war-funding bill that sets a timeline for the start of a withdrawal from Iraq.
- U.S. House of Reps. passes war funding, 2008 withdrawal bill RIA Novosti 26 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill Wednesday to provide new war funding and set a timeframe for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, defying the president's veto threats.
- US House Approves Funding Measure with Iraq Withdrawal Timetable VOA 26 Apr 2007 -- The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives has approved a war funding bill that includes a timetable for the eventual withdrawal of most U.S. troops from Iraq
- Leaders Plan to Evaluate Iraq Security Plan, Provide Report in September AFPS 26 Apr 2007 -- Senior U.S. leaders on the ground in Iraq plan to evaluate the success of the new security plan and provide an assessment of the situation to Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates by early September, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq said here today.
- Progress of Iraq Surge To Be Assessed in September Washington File 26 Apr 2007 -- Coalition forces in Iraq have had "some notable successes" in recent months, but the situation remains "exceedingly complex and very tough," the senior U.S. commander in Iraq told Pentagon reporters April 26.
- Democrats, Republicans Interpret Petraues Briefing Differently VOA 26 Apr 2007 -- Democrats and Republicans are offering differing accounts of a briefing from General David Petraeus, the U.S. commander in Iraq
- US Commander Sees Mixed Picture in Iraq, Condemns Iranian Role VOA 26 Apr 2007 -- The senior U.S. commander in Iraq says the new security plan is ahead of his expectations in some aspects, but behind in others, little more than half way through the deployment the extra U.S. forces
- Former US Prison Commander in Iraq Charged with Aiding Enemy VOA 26 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. military has announced several charges against the former commander of one of the largest American-run prisons in Iraq
- U.S.: Administration Seeks To Engage Iran, Syria On Iraq RFE/RL 26 Apr 2007 -- For months, the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush has resisted the idea of holding talks with Iran and Syria, which he accuses of mischief in the Middle East, particularly in Iraq.
- Army Officer Faces Charges of Aiding Enemy in Iraq AFPS 26 Apr 2007 -- U.S. military officials in Iraq have charged an Army officer with aiding the enemy by providing an unmonitored cell phone to detainees, along with other crimes.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list