Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
23 April 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Press briefing with Ryan C. Crocker, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, April 23, 2007. MNF-I 23 Apr 2007
- President Bush Meets with General Petraeus, Discusses War in Iraq The White House 23 Apr 2007
- Bush Stands Firm in Opposing Iraq Timetable VOA 23 Apr 2007 -- President Bush has restated his opposition to any timetable for a withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq, continuing a showdown with opposition Democrats over funding of the war
- Bush Cites Progress with Iraq Strategy Washington File 23 Apr 2007 -- Although many challenges remain in Iraq, the new U.S. stability strategy is meeting expectations, President Bush says.
- Bush: Extra Troops Will Give Iraqi Government 'Breathing Space' AFPS 23 Apr 2007 -- About half of the U.S. troops involved in the surge to Baghdad and Anbar province have arrived in Iraq and are beginning their work of providing security so the Iraqi government can move forward, President Bush said here today.
- Legislators Agree on Iraq Funding Bill; Vote Scheduled for Later This Week VOA 23 Apr 2007 -- House and Senate negotiators have agreed on a military funding bill containing a timetable for withdrawing U.S. forces from Iraq
- US Lawmakers Work to Complete Iraq Timetable Legislation VOA 23 Apr 2007 -- President Bush is hardening his opposition to any timetable for a withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq, and faces showdown with opposition Democrats over funding for the war
- Iraqi Security Force Deserves Support of its Countrymen, General Says AFPS 23 Apr 2007 -- Iraqi civilians need to support security force members who sacrifice their own safety for their fellow Iraqis, a top U.S. military official said.
- Success Ultimately Up to Iraqis, New U.S. Ambassador Says AFPS 23 Apr 2007 -- Success in Iraq is possible, but achieving that success will ultimately be the task of Iraq's new government and its people, the top U.S. diplomat in Iraq told reporters in Baghdad today.
- Rice Looks Forward to Neighbors Conference on Iraq Washington File 23 Apr 2007 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says she looks forward to attending an international conference on Iraq in May to which Syria and Iran also have been invited, and in gauging participants' attitudes toward bringing stability to the region.
- US Applauds International Attention to Iraq's Humanitarian Crisis VOA 23 Apr 2007 -- The top State Department official for refugee issues has praised a conference last week in Geneva on displaced Iraqis, calling it a good starting point for international coordination for assistance
- Larijani: Gates's anti-Iran claim `a very big joke' IRNA 23 Apr 2007 -- Iran's top nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani on Monday dismissed as 'a very big joke' the claim of the US Defense Secretary Roberts Gates that Iran assists al-Qaeda, saying it is an escape forward.
- Iraqi Premier Stops Building Of Wall In Baghdad RFE/RL 23 Apr 2007 -- A controversy has emerged over the building of a security barrier around Al-Adhamiyah, a Sunni district in Baghdad, to separate it from nearby Shi'ite areas.
- Construction of Baghdad Barrier to Stop VOA 23 Apr 2007 -- The Iraqi prime minister has ordered a halt to construction of a controversial security barrier that the U.S. military had been building around a mainly Sunni neighborhood in Baghdad
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list