Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
17 April 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- US Defense Secretary Says Iraq Cabinet Resignations May Help VOA 17 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. secretary of defense has downplayed the sudden resignations of six Iraqi cabinet ministers loyal to Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr
- Gates: Resignation of Iraqi Cabinet Officers Can Turn Into Positive Step AFPS 17 Apr 2007 -- The resignation of six Iraqi Cabinet ministers loyal to radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr can become a positive development if the country's prime minister appoints new ministers that are more representative of the Iraqi population, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said here today.
- United States Reaffirms Commitment To Assist Displaced Iraqis Washington File 17 Apr 2007 -- The United States pledged its continued commitment to assist Iraqis fleeing sectarian violence and urged other countries to demonstrate a similar commitment during the April 17 opening session of a conference in Geneva on the humanitarian needs of Iraq refugees and internally displaced persons.
- IRAQ: UN conference on refugees raises hopes IRIN 17 Apr 2007 -- With up to 50,000 Iraqis fleeing their homes every month because of violence, it is high time the international community did more to settle them and alleviate their suffering, was the key message at a United Nations-hosted conference in Geneva on Tuesday.
- Iraq: Refugee Conference to Address Plight of Millions RFE/RL 17 Apr 2007 -- An international conference opens today to address the refugee crisis caused by the several million Iraqis who have been forced to flee their homes due to violence since the 2003 U.S.-led invasion.
- UN Calls for Greater Assistance for Displaced Iraqis VOA 17 Apr 2007 -- The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, Antonio Guterres, is calling for a greater effort by the international community to help millions of Iraqis uprooted by the war
- Iraq: Al-Qaeda Tactics Lead To Splits Among Insurgents RFE/RL 17 Apr 2007 -- The insurgent group Islamic Army in Iraq spoke for several armed groups when it criticized the Al-Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq last week for recent operations against homegrown Iraqi insurgent groups.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list