02 April 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 02 Apr 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- April 2 airpower: C-17s provide global airlift support AFPN 02 Apr 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for April 2.
- Admiral Outlines Progress of Security Operation in Baghdad AFPS 02 Apr 2007 -- Over the past month in Baghdad, Iraqi security and coalition forces seized more than 300 weapons caches, detained more than 1,400 suspects, and found and cleared more than 300 improvised explosive devices, a coalition spokesman told reporters in the Iraqi capital yesterday.
- Coalition Forces Kill Six Terrorists, Detain 10 Suspects AFPS 02 Apr 2007 -- Coalition forces killed six terrorists and detained 10 suspects yesterday and today during operations targeting al Qaeda in Iraq couriers and vehicle-bomb cells, military officials reported.
- Hawes Provides Medical Assistance at Sea Navy NewsStand 02 Apr 2007 -- The guided missile frigate USS Hawes (FFG 53) provided medical assistance to a Liberian cargo vessel while conducting Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in the southern Persian Gulf, March 30.
- DoD Announces Force Adjustments 02 Apr 2007 -- The Department of Defense announced today additional major units scheduled to deploy in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Army Prepares for Next Rotations in Iraq Army News Release 02 Apr 2007 -- The Department of the Army confirmed today the Department of Defense's announcement for the next rotation of one corps headquarters, two division headquarters and two brigade combat teams in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Officials Announce Major Unit Rotations for Iraq AFPS 02 Apr 2007 -- More than 7,000 servicemembers will deploy to Iraq in the coming months, including two units that will not have been back at their home stations for the year they expected when they returned home from their last deployments, Defense Department officials said today.
- 3rd Infantry Division (Headquarters) arrives in Iraq MNF-I 02 Apr 2007 -- Multi-National Corps-Iraq welcomed the 3rd Infantry Division Headquarters out of Fort Stewart, Ga., to Iraq this week.
- White House Presses Congress on Iraq Funding VOA 02 Apr 2007 -- The Bush administration is accusing the opposition-led U.S. Congress of abdicating its responsibility to fund ongoing war efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan and attempting to legislate failure on the battlefield
- Analysis: Iraq's Refugees in Waiting cfr.org 02 Apr 2007 -- Jordanians call Mecca Mall, a bustling shopping center near downtown Amman, the Baghdad Mall.
- British Official: London Shares Iran's Preference for Direct Talks on Captured Sailors VOA 02 Apr 2007 -- A British official says London shares Tehran's preference for early bilateral discussions to resolve the case of 15 captured British sailors seized by Iran in the Gulf.
- Tehran says two U.S. Air Force bombers violated Iran air space RIA Novosti 02 Apr 2007 -- Two U.S. Air Force bombers violated Iranian air space last week, a Tehran-based Arabic language news channel, Al-Alam, said Monday.
- Iran/U.K.: London, Tehran Clash In War Of Images RFE/RL 02 Apr 2007 -- London says the 15 British sailors and marines captured on March 23 were unlawfully seized in Iraqi waters, while Tehran says they trespassed into Iranian territory.
- Iran/U.K.: Expert Discusses British Sailors' Apparent Cooperation With Iranian Authorities RFE/RL 02 Apr 2007 -- Iran's state-run media say all 15 British naval personnel and marines being held by Tehran have confessed to illegally entering Iranian waters.
- Iran to stop broadcasting film of detained U.K. crew - radio RIA Novosti 02 Apr 2007 -- Iranian television will no longer broadcast film of the detained British Navy personnel due to 'positive changes' in Britain's stance on the issue, Iranian state radio said Monday.
- Iran warns U.S. not to meddle in U.K. crew seizure RIA Novosti 02 Apr 2007 -- Iran has urged U.S. President George Bush to stay out of the issue of the U.K. crew detention, the Foreign Ministry said Monday.
- Iran Says All 15 British Captives Confess to Entering Iranian Waters VOA 02 Apr 2007 -- Iran says all 15 British sailors and marines in Iranian custody have confessed to illegally entering Iranian waters.
- IRAQ: Fleeing relief workers leave gap in aid delivery IRIN 02 Apr 2007 -- Iraq is the deadliest country in the world for aid workers, specialists say. Treated as Western collaborators by insurgents and assumed to have sectarian bias by militias, they face death on a daily basis in the course of meeting the needs of an increasingly desperate population.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|