Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 30 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- Roadside bomb strikes MND-B patrol
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. W. E. Gaskin from Iraq 30 Mar 2007 -- Presenter: Commanding General Multinational Force West, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) Maj. Gen. W. E. Gaskin
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Barbero from the Pentagon 30 Mar 2007 -- Presenter: Joint Staff, Deputy Director for Regional Operations Maj. Gen. Michael Barbero
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Brig. Gen. Bednarek from Iraq 30 Mar 2007 -- Presenter: Assistant Division Commander, Multinational Division-North, Assistant Division Commander (Operations) 25th Infantry Division Brig. Gen. John Bednarek
- March 30 airpower: B-1B protects coalition convoy AFPN 30 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 30.
- Balad's busy aerial port supports, supplies the fight AFPN 30 Mar 2007 -- The drone of forklifts moving pallets breaks the smoke-filled haze as members of the 332nd Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron Aerial Port Flight work against the clock to expedite critical hub-and-spoke missions.
- Troops Capture 12 Terror Suspects; Bombers Target Iraqis AFPS 30 Mar 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces captured 12 suspected terrorists today, and bombers continued to target Iraqis over the last few days, military officials reported.
- RFA Bedivere, Iraqi Navy Ship Deliver Marines, Equipment for HMS Cornwall Navy NewsStand 30 Mar 2007 -- Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA) Sir Bedivere (L 3004) teamed with Iraqi Navy Ship (INS) P101, a patrol boat, to deliver a small platoon of British Royal Marines and equipment to HMS Cornwall (F 99) on March 28.
- Tinker Airmen resume Sentry in Southwest Asia AFPN 30 Mar 2007 -- Airmen of the 552nd Air Control Wing here deployed to support operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom at the end of March after a four-year hiatus from being in Southwest Asia.
- U.S. General Sees Cause for Optimism in Anbar Province AFPS 30 Mar 2007 -- Over the last year, coalition forces have laid the foundation for stability and provincial Iraqi control in Anbar province, the commander of Multinational Force West said today.
- United States Prepared To Accept Additional Iraqi Refugees Washington File 30 Mar 2007 -- The United States is prepared to increase significantly the number of Iraqi refugees it admits as the civil unrest in Iraq drives a greater number of people from their homes.
- Official Notes Gradual Progress in Baghdad AFPS 30 Mar 2007 -- While early indicators on the Baghdad troop surge appear positive, coalition officials "are looking at this in a very patient fashion," a senior military official in Baghdad said yesterday.
- Coalition Recommends Ninewah Province for Provincial Control AFPS 30 Mar 2007 -- Notwithstanding a March 27 terrorist attack that killed and injured scores of Iraqis in Tal Afar, Iraq, coalition officials have recommended that Ninewah province be transferred to Iraqi control next month, a top coalition officer in the province said today.
- Iraq: Progressing Toward National Reconciliation RFE/RL 30 Mar 2007 -- The Iraqi government this week took another step toward reconciliation with Sunni resistance groups with the announcement of the draft Law of Accountability and Justice (also referred to in the media as Accountability and Reconciliation).
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list