28 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 28 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, March 28, 2007 MNF-I 28 Mar 2007 -- Multi-National Force - Iraq operational update briefing by Rear Admiral Mark I. Fox, Communications Division Chief for Strategic Effects, MNF-I; James L. Santelle, Justice Attache, U.S. Embassy-Baghdad
- March 28 airpower: Bomber scores direct hits AFPN 28 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 28.
- Security Crackdown in Baghdad Shows Progress, But Challenges Continue AFPS 28 Mar 2007 -- The crackdown on insurgents in Baghdad is showing progress, but a senior military official there warned that it's likely to drive the enemy to strike out dramatically before succeeding.
- Coalition Forces Capture 19 Terrorists; Attacks on Iraqi Civilians Continue AFPS 28 Mar 2007 -- Coalition forces in Iraq this morning captured 19 suspected terrorists in various operations, Iraqi forces repelled an attack in Fallujah, and attacks on civilians continue across the country, military officials reported.
- U.S. Opens Military Exercises In Persian Gulf RFE/RL 28 Mar 2007 -- The U.S. Navy has begun its most extensive maneuvers in the Persian Gulf region since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Fallujah Government Center attacked by chlorine truck bombs MNF-I 28 Mar 2007 -- Iraqi Army soldiers and police repelled a complex attack at the Fallujah Government Center, including two suicide truck bombs containing chlorine, on the morning of March 28.
- Bush Rejects Restrictions on Iraq Operations Washington File 28 Mar 2007 -- President Bush says the United States is honoring its commitment to confront insurgent forces in Iraq and is standing by the Iraqi people as they build a democratic nation.
- Bush, Democrats Headed Toward Confrontation on Iraq Legislation VOA 28 Mar 2007 -- Majority Democrats and President Bush still appear headed on a collision course over legislation to fund the war in Iraq
- Bush Vows Veto if Funding Bill Includes Troop Withdrawal Language AFPS 28 Mar 2007 -- President Bush said today he will veto any bill that reaches his desk containing a timetable for U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq.
- Bush Says No Compromise on Iraq War Bill VOA 28 Mar 2007 -- President Bush has renewed his threat to veto a bill before Congress that would fund the Iraq war, but would also set a deadline for a U.S. troop withdrawal
- Analsysis: On Iraq, the Gauntlet is Thrown cfr.org 28 Mar 2007 -- After years of facing relatively few obstacles to his Iraq policies from the legislative branch, President George W. Bush now confronts dual resolutions (WashPost) from both chambers of Congress demanding an end to combat operations there sometime next year
- U.S., Iraqi Officials Condemn Terrorist Attack in Tal Afar AFPS 28 Mar 2007 -- U.S. and Iraqi officials have condemned a terrorist attack that killed dozens of civilians in Tal Afar, Iraq, yesterday.
- Long-Term Iraqi Stability Requires Rule of Law, Officials Say AFPS 28 Mar 2007 -- Security progress in Baghdad requires more than military success; it also requires advances in Iraq's institutions, including its criminal justice system, a Multinational Force Iraq spokesman said today.
- IRAQ-JORDAN: Iraqis cause black market for jobs IRIN 28 Mar 2007 -- The huge influx of Iraqis in Jordan over the past year has caused the creation of an illegal employment market that is undercutting the wages of ordinary Jordanians and sometimes robbing them of their jobs, local officials say.
- Iraq: Plight Of Refugees In Neighboring States Worsens RFE/RL 28 Mar 2007 -- The continuing violence and instability in Iraq has forced an ever-greater number of Iraqis to flee and seek refuge in neighboring countries.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 28 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- Saudi king calls for end to occupation of Iraq RIA Novosti 28 Mar 2007 -- The king of Saudi Arabia, one of Washington's few allies in the Middle East, joined the chorus of other Arab leaders Wednesday by calling for the withdrawal of U.S. combat troops from Iraq.
- British marine apologizes for entry into Iranian waters IRNA 28 Mar 2007 -- British marine Mrs. Faye Turney from F99 Royal Navy on Wednesday admitted entry into Iranian territorial waters and apologized for doing so.
- US Calls for British Sailors' Release VOA 28 Mar 2007 -- The United States is calling on Iran to immediately release the 15 sailors and marines seized in the waters of the Persian Gulf Friday
- Iran TV Shows British Sailors as Britain Freezes Bilateral Ties with Iran VOA 28 Mar 2007 -- Iran has shown television footage of some of the 15 British sailors detained by Iranian forces last Friday and hints they could be released soonn
- Tehran says UK Navy servicewoman to be released within two days RIA Novosti 28 Mar 2007 -- Iranian authorities are ready to release the only female among the UK sailors seized in the Persian Gulf last Friday, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said Wednesday.
- Britain Freezes Talks With Iran RFE/RL 28 Mar 2007 -- British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett announced today that London is freezing all other bilateral talks with Iran until Iran releases 15 British sailors and marines.
- Britain freezes contacts with Iran until sailors release RIA Novosti 28 Mar 2007 -- Britain has frozen all official bilateral contacts with Iran until all of its 15 detained sailors have been released, the British foreign secretary said Wednesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|