23 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 23 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Marine Unit Attacked
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty 23 Mar 2007
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. Twitty from Iraq 23 Mar 2007 -- Presenter: Commander, 4th Brigade 1st Cavalry Division Col. Stephen Twitty
- Iran Captures 15 British Troops in Persian Gulf VOA 23 Mar 2007 -- Iranian naval forces took 15 British sailors and marines captive early Friday in the northern Persian Gulf
- March 23 airpower: Transports key to intra-theater airlift AFPN 23 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 23.
- Baghdad Operations Continue; Several Weapons Caches Found AFPS 23 Mar 2007 -- U.S. and Iraqi security forces continued clearing operations in Baghdad today, while other coalition and Iraqi security forces discovered and destroyed several enemy weapons caches in the past few days, officials said.
- White House Condemns Attack on Iraq's Deputy Prime Minister Washignton File 23 Mar 2007 -- The White House strongly condemned a March 23 suicide attack that seriously wounded Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Salam al-Zoubai.
- US House Votes to Pull US Troops Out of Iraq By Next Year VOA 23 Mar 2007 -- In a direct challenge to President Bush, the House of Representatives has, on a roughly party line vote of 218 to 212, called for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq no later than the end of August 2008
- Bush Vows to Veto Legislation Calling for US Iraq Withdrawal VOA 23 Mar 2007 -- U.S. President George Bush says he will veto an emergency spending bill for the war in Iraq because opposition Democrats attached a timetable for the withdrawal of troops there
- Ban Ki-moon speaks out against attempt on Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister's life UN News Centre 23 Mar 2007 -- One day after meeting in Baghdad with Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Salam Z. Al-Zubai, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today spoke out against the attempt on his life, wishing him a speedy recovery and conveying condolences to those killed in the attack.
- Iraqi Forces Take Security Lead in Nineveh Province AFPS 23 Mar 2007 -- Iraqi soldiers and police are achieving success as the primary providers of security for residents of Nineveh province in northern Iraq, a senior U.S. military officer said today.
- UN Notes Increase in Iraqis Seeking Asylum in Industrialized Countries VOA 23 Mar 2007 -- The U.N. refugee agency reports a significant increase in the number of Iraqis seeking asylum in industrialized countries
- Iranian Navy Seizes 15 British Sailors AFPS 23 Mar 2007 -- The British government is demanding the immediate and safe release of 15 sailors whose boats were surrounded by Iranian navy vessels and escorted into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf this morning.
- Iraq's Sunni Deputy PM Wounded in Suicide Bombing VOA 23 Mar 2007 -- A suicide bombing in Baghdad has wounded Iraq's Deputy Prime Minister Salam al-Zubaie.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|