15 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 15 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- MNF-W forces attacked
- MNF-W non-combat casualty incident
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- March 15 airpower: Strike Eagles strike intimidation AFPN 15 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 15.
- Coalition Forces Kill Terrorists; IED Blast Wounds Civilians AFPS 15 Mar 2007 -- Coalition forces killed four terrorists and detained 11 suspected terrorists during raids over the past several days targeting al Qaeda networks in Iraq, military officials reported.
- Roadside Bomb in Baghdad Kills 4 American Soldiers VOA 15 Mar 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says a roadside bomb explosion in eastern Baghdad has killed four American soldiers and wounded two others.
- Car Bombing in Baghdad Kills At Least 8 VOA 15 Mar 2007 -- Iraqi police say a car bomb in central Baghdad has killed eight people and wounded 25.
- Report Discusses Complexity of Iraqi Struggles AFPS 15 Mar 2007 -- Some areas in Iraq are involved in a civil war, according to a report titled "Measuring Stability and Security in Iraq" that the Defense Department released yesterday.
- Bush Praises Iraqi Vice President During White House Meeting VOA 15 Mar 2007 -- U.S. President George Bush says his decision to dispatch more troops to Iraq is designed to give the country's leaders a chance to reconcile their political differences.
- US Senate Rejects Measure to Withdraw US Troops from Iraq by March 2008 VOA 15 Mar 2007 -- The U.S. Senate has rejected by a 50 to 48 vote a Democratic-sponsored measure calling for U.S. troops to be withdrawn from Iraq by March of next year
- Iraq Withdrawal Timetable Measure Moves Forward in House VOA 15 Mar 2007 -- The appropriations committee of the House of Representatives has voted [36 to 28] to approve Democratic-crafted legislation calling for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq no later than September of 2008
- US Military Cautiously Optimism About New Baghdad Security Plan VOA 15 Mar 2007 -- U.S. military officials and Middle East analysts are expressing cautious optimism that one-month into the new Baghdad security plan sectarian violence in the city has begun to drop
- UN's Iraq envoy warns against danger of further conflicts in region UN News Centre 15 Mar 2007 -- The senior United Nations envoy to Iraq today pledged the world body's continued support for the war-torn country, especially through dialogue with its neighbours, while warning of the danger that would be posed by any additional conflicts in the already volatile region.
- IRAQ-JORDAN: Authorities consider imposing visas on Iraqis IRIN 14 Mar 2007 -- Iraqis fleeing sectarian violence in their country will soon have to get visas from the Jordanian embassy in Baghdad before arriving at the kingdom's borders, a senior government official told IRIN.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|