14 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- MNF-W forces attacked
- Task Force Lightning patrol attacked
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, March 14, 2007 MNF-I 14 Mar 2007 -- Operational Update with MNF-I Spokesman Maj. Gen. William B. Caldwell IV and Daniel Speckhard, Charge d'Affaires, U.S. Embassy Baghdad, March 14, 2007
- March 14 airpower: B-1 Lancers provide show of force AFPN 14 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 14.
- Aerial port hub keeps passengers, cargo rolling AFPN 14 Mar 2007 -- The 8th EAMS, a 379th AEW tenant unit, links air mobility operations together, directly supporting the warfighters up range.
- Pentagon Calls End of 2006 Most Violent Period in Iraq Since 2003 VOA 14 Mar 2007 -- A quarterly report by the Pentagon says the last three months of last year were the most violent in Iraq since 2003, the year of the U.S.-led invasion.
- General Notes Downturn in Violence, Increased Confidence in Iraq AFPS 14 Mar 2007 -- Violence is down in Iraq and Iraqis "are starting to see this growth and gaining new confidence," a coalition spokesman in Baghdad said today.
- U.S. Diplomat Feels Renewed Sense of Hope in Iraq AFPS 14 Mar 2007 -- The Iraqi people have a "renewed sense of hope," a senior U.S. diplomat said in Baghdad today.
- US Senate Agrees to Debate Iraq Resolution VOA 14 Mar 2007 -- The U.S. Senate has voted to consider a Democratic Party-sponsored resolution to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq
- Gates: Foreign Fighters Passing Through Syria to Target Iraqis VOA 14 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says dozens of foreign fighters are moving into Iraq from Syria every month, mostly to conduct suicide attacks against Iraqi civilians
- Meeting of UN-backed International Compact for Iraq to convene in New York on Friday UN News Centre 14 Mar 2007 -- The United Nations-sponsored International Compact for Iraq (ICI), which seeks to consolidate peace in the war-torn country and pursue political, economic and social development over the next five years, will hold a meeting in New York this Friday, a spokesperson for the world body announced today.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 14 Mar 2007 [PDF]
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|