Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
12 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- DESRON 50 Concludes Operations Aboard Ocean 6 Navy NewsStand 12 Mar 2007 -- Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 50 concluded its mission March 6 as command and control staff for the commander of Task Group (CTG) 158.1 aboard Ocean 6, an afloat forward staging base attached to the Khawr Al Amaya (KAAOT) oil terminal in the Persian Gulf.
- Cheney: Early Iraq Pullout Would Imperil U.S., Anti-Terror War AFPS 12 Mar 2007 -- An early withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq would endanger the United States and imperil the global war against terrorism, Vice President Richard B. Cheney told members of a pro-Israel advocacy group here today.
- Cheney Rejects Moves To Limit Iraq War RFE/RL 12 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney today detailed the administration's argument against efforts in Congress to limit the war in Iraq.
- Cheney Says Iraq Pullout Would Further Destabilize Middle East VOA 12 Mar 2007 -- Vice President Dick Cheney says a precipitous withdrawal from Iraq would be dangerous for the United States and for the entire Middle East
- Iraqi Forces Want to Fight for Sovereign Iraq, General Says AFPS 12 Mar 2007 -- Iraqi security forces have made much progress in the past two years, transitioning from being coalition-driven to being a capable, competent force fighting for its own people, the commander of the Iraqi Assistance Group told reporters in Baghdad yesterday.
- U.S. Must be Patient as Operations in Baghdad Move Forward AFPS 12 Mar 2007 -- Although recent operations to secure Baghdad are off to a good start, Americans must be patient in expecting progress, a senior coalition spokesman said in Baghdad today.
- Syria, United States Exchange Views on Iraqi Refugees Washington File 12 Mar 2007 -- The State Department's top envoy on refugee issues met with Syrian Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Meqdad in Damascus March 12 for what U.S. officials described as a "useful exchange of views" on Iraqi refugees living in Syria.
- Bush Finds Iraq Conference 'Positive' VOA 12 Mar 2007 -- President Bush says the Iraq regional conference held Saturday in Baghdad was positive, but he is waiting to see if participants turn their words into action
- Ban Ki-moon voices hope recent Iraq meeting will spur progress on key issues UN News Centre 12 Mar 2007 -- Welcoming a recent diplomatic meeting on Iraq, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today voiced hope that it would spur progress on key issues, including those affecting its neighbours, which he said must play a constructive role in promoting stability in the country.
- Iraqis Working to Build Capable Air Force AFPS 12 Mar 2007 -- U.S. and Iraqi officials are working to build an Iraqi air force capable of conducting operations across the entire spectrum of the counterinsurgency fight, a senior U.S. military officer said today.
- Iraq: Baghdad Conference Hailed As A Good Beginning RFE/RL 12 Mar 2007 -- The key players at the March 10 international security conference in Baghdad are calling it a good first step. And all have agreed to hold a second, higher-level meeting soon.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list