Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- MNF-W Forces Attacked
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Mixon from Iraq 09 Mar 2007 -- Presenter: Commander, Multinational Division-North and 25th Infantry Division Maj. Gen. Benjamin Mixon
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Amb. Carney from Iraq 09 Mar 2007 -- Presenter: Ambassador Timothy Carney, Executive Secretary U.S. Embassy Baghdad Joseph Gregoire and U.S. Financial Attache to Iraq Jeremiah Pam
- US Commander Seeks More Troops for Iraq's Diyala Province VOA 09 Mar 2007 -- The commander of coalition forces in northern Iraq says he has requested more forces to help prevent Baghdad-based insurgents from fleeing to neighboring Diyala Province
- Iraqi Reports: Leader of Major Al-Qaida-Linked Group Captured in Iraq VOA 09 Mar 2007 -- Reports from Iraq say the leader of an al-Qaida-linked group has been captured in a raid in the Abu Ghraib area, on the western outskirts of Baghdad.
- March 9 airpower: F-16s provide show of force AFPN 09 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 9.
- U.S. Troops Nab Al Qaeda Killer, 'Mouthpiece' in Iraq Raids AFPS 09 Mar 2007 -- American troops killed one terrorist and detained 16 others, including an alleged al Qaeda-affiliated killer and a media representative, during a series of morning raids conducted throughout Iraq today.
- Sustainment Unit Weathers Dust Storm at Iraq Range AFPS 09 Mar 2007 -- Troops from Company A, 1st Battalion, 115th Field Artillery Regiment, 867th Corps Support Battalion, 15th Sustainment Brigade, got a taste, literally, of what nature has to offer in the desert on March 5.
- Iraqis Helping Troops Find Weapons Caches, General Says AFPS 09 Mar 2007 -- Iraqis in the country's north, fed up with ongoing violence, are leading U.S. and Iraqi forces to some of the largest weapons and bombs caches found in the region to date, the commander of Multinational Division North told Pentagon reporters today.
- US Military Reports One Terrorist Killed, 16 Suspects Detained in Raids VOA 09 Mar 2007 -- The U.S. military says coalition forces in Iraq killed one terrorist and captured 16 suspects in raids Friday.
- Bush Administration Faces Intensified Probes on Iraq, Domestic Matters VOA 09 Mar 2007 -- Democrats controlling the U.S. Congress are confronting President Bush on a broad range of issues regarding his handling of the war in Iraq, and the larger war on terrorism, as well as domestic issues
- Iraqi Government Making Progress, Ambassador Says AFPS 09 Mar 2007 -- While security remains the overriding concern in Iraq, the Iraqi government is making progress on the economic front, the coordinator for economic transition in Iraq, today said.
- "Economic Surge" Accompanies Troop Boost in Iraq, U.S. Envoy Says Washington File 09 Mar 2007 -- An "economic surge" is accompanying the ongoing U.S. troop surge in Iraq, and the country could see results from this increased activity within a few months, a senior U.S. diplomat said March 9 in Baghdad.
- U.S. Says Will Not Rebuff Iran, Syria At Iraq Talks RFE/RL 09 Mar 2007 -- A U.S. official says U.S. diplomats will not "walk away" if they are approached by Iranian and Syrian diplomats at a conference on stabilizing Iraq scheduled to be held in Baghdad on March 10.
- Iraq: Sunni Arab Leader Discusses National-Salvation Front RFE/RL 09 Mar 2007 -- Controversial Sunni Arab politician Salih al-Mutlaq, who heads the Iraqi Front for National Dialogue, tells RFE/RL Iraq analyst Kathleen Ridolfo that his party and several other political groups will join the national-salvation front proposed by former Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list