07 March 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 07 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- ROUTE CLEARANCE MISSION ATTACKED BY ROADSIDE BOMB
- March 7 airpower: C-130s provide in-theater tactical airlift AFPN 07 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 7.
- Coalition, Iraqi Forces Detain Suspects, Find Weapons AFPS 07 Mar 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces detained 48 suspected terrorists and found several weapons caches in operations throughout Iraq in the past two days.
- Baghdad Security Efforts Seem to Yield Results AFPS 07 Mar 2007 -- Although it's too early to draw firm conclusions, the new combined Iraqi-U.S. security effort to reduce violence in Iraq's capital city already seems to be bearing fruit, a senior U.S. military officer said today in Baghdad.
- Iraqi Police: 30 People Killed by Suicide Bomber Northeast of Baghdad VOA 07 Mar 2007 -- Iraqi police say a suicide bomber has killed at least 30 people northeast of Baghdad.
- Troops Kill Five Terrorists, Capture Five Others AFPS 07 Mar 2007 -- Coalition forces have killed five and captured five terrorists in Iraq in recent days.
- Operation White Rockets nets two caches, two suspects south of Baghdad MNF-I 07 Mar 2007 -- Iraqi Army troops and paratroopers from Multi-National Division - Baghdad worked together to successfully complete "Operation White Rockets" March 6, finding two ammunition caches and detaining two suspects.
- Iraqi Police: 15 More Deaths in Attacks on Pilgrims VOA 07 Mar 2007 -- Iraqi security officials say at least 15 more people have been killed as insurgents continue to target Shi'ite pilgrims heading to Karbala for a religious observance.
- U.S. Sending 2,200 More Troops to Iraq, Gates Says AFPS 07 Mar 2007 -- The United States will send another 2,200 troops into Iraq, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said today.
- United States Might Raise Concerns with Iran About Explosives Washington File 07 Mar 2007 -- U.S. delegates slated to attend a March 10 meeting in Baghdad, Iraq, on the future of Iraq might raise concerns with the Iranian delegation over Iran's support and supply of groups and networks using explosive devices against U.S. and coalition forces.
- Top US General Says Iraqis Want Baghdad Security Plan to Work VOA 07 Mar 2007 -- The top U.S. military officer says there are indications that the Iraqi people want the new Baghdad security plan to work, but he and Defense Secretary Robert Gates both also said that while the plan is going well so far, it is too early to predict success
- Iraq: Official Says Refugees To Get New Passports Soon RFE/RL 07 Mar 2007 -- Jordan has agreed to allow Iraqis holding series S passports to remain in the kingdom until June
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 07 Mar 2007 [PDF]
- Mottaki: Iran Will Attend Iraq Meeting VOA 07 Mar 2007 -- Iran says it will attend the international conference on Iraq, which is to be held in Baghdad on Saturday.
- Iran strongly condemns massacre of pilgrims in Iraq IRNA 07 Mar 2007 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini here Wednesday strongly condemned the massacre of scores of pilgrims in two suicide bomb attacks in Iraq.
- Analysis: Mixed Prospects for Iraq Regional Conference cfr.org 07 Mar 2007 -- All eyes will be on Iran and the United States at the March 10 conference in Baghdad
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|