Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- U.S. Supports Involving Iran, Syria in Iraq Regional Meeting Washington File 28 Feb 2007 -- The United States supports and will participate in the Iraqi government's initiative to invite Iran and Syria to a regional conference, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said during a congressional hearing February 27 to discuss emergency funding for operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere.
- General Cites Reconstruction Progress in Iraq AFPS 28 Feb 2007 -- Americans need to hear and see more about reconstruction in Iraq to fully understand the situation there, the general in charge of Army Corps of Engineers efforts in the Persian Gulf region said today.
- Analysis: At Long Last, An Iraq 'Diplomatic Offensive' cfr.org 28 Feb 2007 -- As one of the preconditions to meet with its regional rivals on Iraq, the United States had set a series of benchmarks (WashPost) for the government in Baghdad to meet, such as striking a deal on revenue sharing of oil profits
- US: No Direct Talks with Iran, Syria at Iraq Meetings VOA 28 Feb 2007 -- The Bush administration says there will be no direct talks with representatives of Iran and Syria at two upcoming conferences on Iraq
- Iraq: Rice Lays Out Regional Approach To Security RFE/RL 28 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says the United States is joining the Iraqi government to launch a diplomatic "offensive" that includes inviting Iran and Syria to a conference on stabilizing Iraq.
- IRAQ: New security plan makes slow progress IRIN 28 Feb 2007 -- More imagination needs to be injected into Iraq's newly implemented security plan to put an end to the bloodletting in Baghdad if it is to succeed, a former Iraqi army officer told IRIN.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list