Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
26 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Condemning recent attacks on school and mosque, UN envoy calls for justice UN News Centre 26 Feb 2007 -- Strongly condemning this weekend's bombings of a university and a mosque which killed and injured hundreds of innocent civilians in Iraq, the top United Nations envoy to the country today called for those responsible for the criminal attacks to be brought to justice.
- Iraq's Cabinet Approves Draft Oil Law VOA 26 Feb 2007 -- Iraq's cabinet has endorsed a draft law crucial to regulating how the country's vast oil reserves will be shared by its ethnic and sectarian groups.
- Task Force Improving Iraqi Businesses, Economy AFPS 26 Feb 2007 -- A U.S. task force focused on revitalizing Iraqi businesses is in Iraq again this month, this time bringing several dozen American and international business executives to meet with Iraqi officials and connect with the business community.
- IRAQ: Arabs leave Kirkuk ahead of referendum IRIN 26 Feb 2007 -- Sheikh Muhssin al-Zaidi, 45, is sad to be leaving Kirkuk, the northern city he has lived in since the early 1980s.
- IRAQ: Number of displaced increases in Arbil IRIN 26 Feb 2007 -- Every day more and more people are abandoning their homes in central Iraq and moving to the country's northern areas, according to officials.
- Iraqi VP Escapes Bomb Attack VOA 26 Feb 2007 -- Iraqi officials say a bomb blast at a government building in Baghdad has killed at least six people, but the apparent target of the attack, Iraq's Shi'ite vice president, escaped serious injury
- Egyptian Satellite Stops Broadcasting Iraqi Insurgent TV Station VOA 26 Feb 2007 -- An Egyptian state-owned satellite company has stopped broadcasts of a controversial Iraqi television station that was showing insurgent videos and denouncing the Shi'ite-led government of Iraq
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list