21 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 21 Feb 2007 [PDF]
- MNF-W personnel attacked
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, Feb. 21, 2007 MNF-I 21 Feb 2007 -- TOPIC: SITUATIONAL UPDATE
- Feb. 21 airpower: B-1B hits enemy communications compound AFPN 21 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 21.
- No Serious Injuries in Helo Crash; Troops Kill, Detain Terrorists AFPS 21 Feb 2007 -- No one was seriously injured when a U.S. Army UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter went down near Baghdad today, military officials reported.
- US Military: Black Hawk Helicopter Shot Down in Iraq VOA 21 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. military says a helicopter has apparently been shot down, the eighth crash of an American chopper in Iraq in the past month.
- Britain To Withdraw 1,600 Troops From Iraq RFE/RL 21 Feb 2007 -- British Prime Minister Tony Blair said today that Britain will cut its forces in southern Iraq by nearly one-quarter within the next months.
- Britain Announces Withdrawal of 1,600 Troops from Iraq VOA 21 Feb 2007 -- Britain's prime minister, Tony Blair, has announced a withdrawal of 1,600 British troops from Iraq in the months to come
- Blair Announces British Reduction of Forces in Iraq AFPS 21 Feb 2007 -- British forces will begin to withdraw from Iraq, particularly in the southern city of Basra, where Iraqi security forces have taken primary responsibility for operations, British Prime Minister Tony Blair announced today.
- Seabees from 30th Naval Construction Regiment Begin Iraq Deployment Navy NewsStand 21 Feb 2007 -- Nearly 100 Seabees from the 30th Naval Construction Regiment (30th NCR) departed Naval Air Station Point Mugu, Calif. Feb. 21, beginning a 14-month Iraq deployment.
- Reducing Coalition Troops in Southern Iraq Is Sign of Success Washington File 21 Feb 2007 -- The White House calls British plans to reduce troop levels in Iraq another sign of progress in the coalition's strategy to strengthen Iraqi security forces.
- US Says British Iraq Withdrawal Sign of Success VOA 21 Feb 2007 -- U.S. officials are describing Britain's announcement that it will withdraw 1,600 of its troops from Iraq as a sign of the type of success in the southern part of the country that they want to see in the Baghdad area
- Pelosi Statement on Cheney Iraq Comments Office of Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, California, 8th District 21 Feb 2007.
- Statement on British Troop Withdrawal Office of Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, California, 8th District 21 Feb 2007.
- IRAQ: No end to the year-old sectarian strife IRIN 21 Feb 2007
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 21 Feb 2007 [PDF]
- Military operations outside Iraq unacceptable - FM Lavrov RIA Novosti 21 Feb 2007 -- The Russian foreign minister said Wednesday U.S.-led multinational foreign forces in Iraq must not conduct military operations outside the country, including against Iran.
- Analysis: Iraq's Sophisticated Insurgency cfr.org 21 Feb 2007 -- Two developments mark the latest round of violence in Iraq. First, Iraq's Shiite death squads appear to have been neutered, partly as a result of President Bush's security plan for Baghdad
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|