16 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 16 Feb 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Fil from Iraq 16 Dec 2007 -- Presenter: Commanding General Multinational Division, Baghdad and 1st Cavalry Division Maj. Gen. Joseph Fil Jr.
- U.S. Seeking To Disrupt Weapon Supply Networks in Iraq Washington File 16 Feb 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates says every effort is being made to disrupt the supply network of weapons -- including lethal hand-tooled explosives -- being used to kill coalition soldiers in Iraq.
- Feb. 16 airpower: F-15s show force AFPN 16 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 16.
- Bomb-Making Factory Destroyed; Two Suspects Captured AFPS 16 Feb 2007 -- Coalition forces destroyed a munitions factory, detained two suspects and found scores of weapons in operations around Iraq over the past three days.
- US General: Violence in Iraq Down Since Start of Security Crackdown VOA 16 Feb 2007 -- The commander of U.S forces in Baghdad, Major General Joseph Fil, says violence in Baghdad has dropped significantly since the start of a security crackdown in Iraq in an effort to end sectarian violence.
- New Baghdad Security Plan B-Roll MNF-I 16 Feb 2007 -- Operation Arrowhead Strike is a series of targeted raids and "knock and search" operations to clear neighborhoods of illegal militia activity.
- US Military Doubts Al-Masri Wounded in Clash with Iraqi Police VOA 16 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. military is casting doubt on reports that al-Qaida in Iraq leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri has been wounded in a clash with government troops.
- DoD Announces Force Adjustment 16 Feb 2007 -- The Department of Defense announced today the accelerated deployment of the 3rd Infantry Division headquarters, based in Fort Stewart, Ga. to Iraq
- US House Approves Resolution Against Bush's Iraq Troop Buildup VOA 16 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a resolution disapproving of President Bush's buildup of U.S. forces in Iraq.
- House Adopts Resolution Disapproving New Iraq Policy Washington File 16 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. House of Representatives adopted a nonbinding resolution February 16 reiterating congressional support for U.S. forces serving in Iraq, but disapproving President Bush's plan to deploy an additional 21,500 troops there.
- Baghdad Security Plan Can Work, Commander Says AFPS 16 Feb 2007 -- The new security plan being implemented in Baghdad will be successful if the United States remains dedicated to the mission and Iraqis commit to resolving their differences, the U.S. commander in charge of forces in the city said today.
- Number of Internally Displaced in Iraq Increasing Rapidly VOA 16 Feb 2007 -- The Geneva-based International Organization for Migration reports that over the past three weeks alone almost 18,000 people have been displaced in Iraq, and it expects the number to grow much higher as the year goes on
- Violence Forces Many Iraqis to Safer Havens in Iraq VOA 16 Feb 2007 -- Hundreds-of-thousands of Iraqis have fled sectarian violence near their homes since Saddam Hussein was ousted, and the U.N. says up to 1 million more could flee their homes this year
- Iran: Expert Discusses Iran's Quds Force And U.S. Charges Concerning Iraq RFE/RL 16 Feb 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates has described as based on "hard fact" U.S. assertions that an elite branch of Iran's Revolutionary Guards Corps is training and arming Shi'ite extremists in neighboring Iraq
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|