Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Feb 2007 [PDF]
- Task Force Lightning Soldier dies in non-combat related incident
- Insurgents target MND-B patrol
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Press Briefing, Feb. 14, 2007 MNF-I 14 Feb 2007 -- BRIEFERS: MAJOR GENERAL WILLIAM CALDWELL, USA, SPOKESMAN, MULTINATIONAL FORCE-IRAQ; AND MAJOR MARTY WEBBER, EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL EXPERT
- Feb. 14 airpower: F-15s conduct successful strikes AFPN 14 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 14.
- 15 Terrorists Killed in Iraq, Dozens Detained AFPS 14 Feb 2007 -- Coalition forces killed 15 terrorists and detained 44 others in operations around Iraq over the past two days.
- New Buildup of Baghdad Security Plan Starts AFPS 14 Feb 2007 -- The new phase of the Baghdad security plan, which the Iraqi government announced yesterday, is a step in the right direction, but must be given time to work, a U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad said today.
- Officials Confirm Marine Helicopter Shot Down AFPS 14 Feb 2007 -- U.S. officials in Iraq today confirmed that a Marine CH-46 Sea Knight helicopter that crashed killing seven servicemembers Feb. 7 was shot down with anti-aircraft munitions.
- Press Conference by the President The White House 14 Feb 2007
- Bush Cautions Against Cutting Funds for Iraq Troops VOA 14 Feb 2007 -- President Bush is cautioning members of Congress against taking any legislative action that could harm U.S. troops in Iraq
- Bush Says Baghdad Security Plan on Track AFPS 14 Feb 2007 -- The Baghdad security plan is on track, and the Iraqi government is meeting benchmarks necessary for continued coalition cooperation, President Bush said today.
- Bush Says He Will Protect U.S. Troops, But Not Provoke War With Iran AFPS 14 Feb 2007 -- President Bush said today he will do whatever it takes to protect U.S. troops in Iraq, and that he is not provoking war with Iran in doing so.
- Bush Says Iranian Group "Certainly" Providing Weapons in Iraq Washington File 14 Feb 2007 -- President Bush said Iran's al-Quds Force, a branch of the country's Revolutionary Guards, is "certainly" providing weapons to groups in Iraq that are targeting coalition forces and said the United States "will deal" with networks and agents involved in their movement and deployment.
- Bush Says Iran Sending Arms to Iraq VOA 14 Feb 2007 -- President Bush says he is convinced an elite Iranian military unit with government ties is putting weapons in the hands of Iraqi insurgents
- Iranian Interference a Force-Protection Issue, General Says AFPS 14 Feb 2007 -- An influx of Iranian weapons and munitions into Iraq amounts to a "major force-protection issue," a senior coalition official in Iraq said today.
- US to Accept More Iraqi Refugees, Increase Relief Aid VOA 14 Feb 2007 -- The Bush administration said Wednesday it plans to accept at least 7,000 Iraqi refugees for resettlement in the United States this year, and to step up funding to the U.N. refugee agency
- State's Dobriansky Outlines Strategies To Help Iraqi Refugees Washington File 14 Feb 2007 -- The best way the United States and other countries can assist displaced Iraqis fleeing violence in their country is to help re-establish a stable security environment that will allow them to return home, according to Paula Dobriansky, under secretary of state for democracy and global affairs.
- Pace: Iran Complicit in IED Attacks on Coalition AFPS 14 Feb 2007 -- The Iranian government is complicit in improvised-explosive-device attacks on coalition and Iraqi forces, Marine Gen. Peter Pace said today in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Pace Stands By Cautious Remarks on Iran VOA 14 Feb 2007 -- The top American military officer is standing by remarks he made Monday, first reported by VOA, that appear to contradict U.S. military officials Baghdad, who said Iran's government is providing powerful bombs to Iraqi insurgents
- U.S. Congress Debates Iraq Troop Surge RFE/RL 14 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. House of Representatives is holding its first full debate over Iraq since the opposition Democrats took control of Congress.
- US House of Representatives Holds 2nd Day of Debate on President's Iraq Troop Buildup VOA 14 Feb 2007 -- A second day of debate gets underway Wednesday in the U.S. House of Representatives on President Bush's Iraq strategy
- US Officials: Moqtada al-Sadr Left Iraq for Iran VOA 14 Feb 2007 -- U.S. officials say radical Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr left Iraq for Iran two to three weeks ago.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list