Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 Feb 2007 [PDF]
- Navy Casualties
- MNF-W personnel attacked
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Press Briefing, Feb. 9, 2007 MNF-I 09 Feb 2007 -- MEDIA ROUNDTABLE WITH GENERAL GEORGE CASEY, COMMANDER, MULTINATIONAL FORCE-IRAQ
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Lt. Gen. Lute and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Kimmitt from the Pentagon 09 Feb 2007 -- Presenter: Director of Operations, J-3, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Middle East, Mark Kimmitt
- US Military Officials: New Strategy Making Progress in Baghdad VOA 09 Feb 2007 -- Top U.S. military officials say early progress is being made in the effort to quell violence in Baghdad, but they are warning the plan will take several months to unfold and that quick, dramatic results should not be expected
- Iraq: Pressure For Success Mounts Ahead Of Baghdad Offensive RFE/RL 09 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. military announced the official opening on February 5 of the joint Iraqi-U.S. Baghdad operations command center in preparation for the massive security operation to take control of Baghdad.
- Feb. 9 airpower: F-16 strike takes out terrorists AFPN 09 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 9.
- Nine Terrorists Killed in Iraq, 12 Detained; Weapons Cache Found AFPS 09 Feb 2007 -- Coalition forces killed nine terrorists, detained 12 others, and discovered a large weapons cache in operations around Iraq over the past three days.
- Mechanical Failure Suspected in Most Recent Iraq Chopper Crash AFPS 09 Feb 2007 -- A Marine Corps CH-46 Sea Knight helicopter that went down in Iraq's Anbar province Feb. 7 most likely experienced a mechanical failure, the director of operations for the Joint Staff told Pentagon reporters today.
- Investigators Studying Latest Army Helo Cases to Prevent Future Incidents AFPS 09 Feb 2007 -- As the Army investigates the recent spate of helicopter crashes in Iraq, it's working to get lessons being learned from them back to air crews in the field as quickly as possible.
- 82nd Airborne Sets Up Shop in Adhamiyah Army News 09 Feb 2007 -- The 82nd Airborne Division's 2nd Brigade Combat Team established a combat outpost in the heart of Baghdad this week in an effort to reduce sectarian violence in the Iraqi capital and assist the Iraqi security forces to take control of the city.
- US Air Strike Mistakenly Hits Kurdish Police in Iraq VOA 09 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. military says an American airstrike mistakenly hit a Kurdish police position in northern Iraq, killing five policemen in the city of Mosul.
- UNHCR Chief: World Must Help Iraqi Refugees VOA 09 Feb 2007 -- The U.N. high commissioner for refugees, Antonio Guterres, says the international community has a moral and political obligation to help the nearly four million Iraqis who have been internally displaced, or who have fled their country because of growing violence and instability
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list