06 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 06 Feb 2007 [PDF]
- MNF-W personnel attacked
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Feb. 6 airpower: Eagles shut down small-arms fire AFPN 06 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 6.
- Coalition Forces Kill Terrorist, Detain 17; Car Bombs Kill 10 Iraqi Civilians AFPS 06 Feb 2007 -- Coalition forces killed one terrorist and detained 17 in operations across Iraq this week. In addition, car bombs in Iraq have killed 10 locals and wounded 26 in the past three days.
- Gunmen in Iraqi Army Uniforms Kidnap Iranian Diplomat in Baghdad VOA 06 Feb 2007 -- Gunmen in Iraqi army uniforms have abducted an Iranian diplomat in Baghdad.
- Rice Forms Task Force on Iraqi Refugees Washington File 06 Feb 2007 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice established a senior-level State Department task force February 5 to address the growing problem of Iraqi refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Lawmakers Press Former US Iraq Administrator on Funds VOA 06 Feb 2007 -- The former head of the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq has testified before a congressional oversight committee investigating how more than eight billion dollars in Iraqi development funds were used
- Defense Chief Says US Could Begin Iraq Withdrawal This Year VOA 06 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Tuesday the United States could begin withdrawing troops from Iraq later this year, if several security and political factors are right
- US Denies Involvement in Kidnapping of Iranian Diplomat VOA 06 Feb 2007 -- Iranian officials are blaming the U.S. military for playing a role in the kidnapping of a top Iranian diplomat in Baghdad
- Iraq Dominates Early Stage of US Presidential Race VOA 06 Feb 2007 -- The war in Iraq looms as the major issue in the 2008 U.S. presidential race
- Iraqi Refugees in Syria Fear Deportation VOA 06 Feb 2007 -- The United Nations estimates nearly one million Iraqis have fled violence in their homeland to neighboring Syria, and 30,000 to 40,000 new arrivals come every month
- Envoy calls on US to avoid raising empty charges against Iran IRNA 06 Feb 2007 -- Iranian Ambassador to Baghdad, Hassan Kazemi Qomi on Tuesday called on US to submit to the Iraqi government any available document that may prove Iran's interference in the country's affairs not included in Iran-Iraq agreement, rather than raising empty charges against Iranians.
- Iran links Iraqi Defense Ministry to Iranian diplomat's abduction IRNA 06 Feb 2007 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini on Tuesday linked the abduction of an Iranian diplomat in Baghdad to the Iraqi Defense Ministry, which works under the control of US forces in the country.
- British Newspaper Leaks Video of Iraq 'Friendly Fire' Incident VOA 06 Feb 2007 -- A British tabloid newspaper has released what it says is a cockpit video recording from a U.S. warplane at the center of a "friendly fire" incident that killed a British soldier in Iraq nearly four years ago.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|