Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Intelligence Estimate Warns Iraq Could Get Worse VOA 02 Feb 2007 -- A new U.S. intelligence estimate says that the chaotic situation in Iraq could deteriorate further unless the warring sectarian parties compromise
- New US Intelligence Report Says Iraq Situation Could Worsen VOA 02 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. intelligence community warns the situation in Iraq will get even worse if measurable action is not taken to stop the violence.
- New U.S. Intelligence Report Focuses on Iraq Instability Washington File 02 Feb 2007 -- The U.S. National Intelligence Estimate of the Iraq situation, released to key policymakers February 2, indicates instability is still the main security challenge facing the fledgling Iraqi government and the U.S.-led coalition forces.
- Gates, Pace: No Plans for War, But U.S. Won't Tolerate Iran's Interference AFPS 02 Feb 2007 -- The United States has no plans to go to war with Iran, but it won't tolerate Iranian activities that are endangering U.S. troops in Iraq, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates told reporters today during a Pentagon news conference.
- Iraq Situation 'Winnable,' Official Says AFPS 02 Feb 2007 -- While the situation in Iraq is challenging, it is "winnable," U.S. Navy Rear Adml. Mark Fox told a group of online journalists and bloggers yesterday during an operational update by telephone.
- US Defense Secretary: Iraq Must Send More Troops to Baghdad VOA 02 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the Iraqi military must do better at meeting its commitment to send more forces to Baghdad, as part of the new security plan
- Iraq: Al-Najaf Mystery Reflects Iraqi Divisions RFE/RL 02 Feb 2007 -- On January 28, reports emerged from the town of Al-Zarqa, near the holy city of Al-Najaf, that a shadowy group called the Army of Heaven was waging a fierce battle with Iraqi security forces.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list