01 February 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 01 Feb 2007 [PDF]
- MNF-W PERSONNEL ATTACKED
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- CENTAF releases airpower summaries for Feb. 1 AFPN 01 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 1.
- Seven Terrorists Killed in Iraq, 10 Detained; Weapons Caches Found AFPS 01 Feb 2007 -- Coalition forces killed seven suspected terrorists and detained 10 more, and troops discovered six weapons caches during recent operations in Iraq.
- Bomb Blasts Kill Scores in Iraq VOA 01 Feb 2007 -- In Iraq, suicide bombers killed about 60 people in a town south of Baghdad Thursday
- John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group Arrives in 7th Fleet Navy NewsStand 01 Feb 2007 -- The USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) Carrier Strike Group (JCSSG) entered the U.S. 7th Fleet's area of responsibility (AOR) Jan. 31, as part of a deployment to promote peace, regional cooperation and stability.
- Casey: New Iraq Strategy Can Work AFPS 01 Feb 2007 -- President Bush's new strategy for Iraq can work and set the conditions for the Iraqi government to deal with sectarian and ethnic divisions that are hurting the country's fledgling democracy, the top U.S. general in Iraq said here today.
- General Casey Defends Iraq Record from US Senate Critics VOA 01 Feb 2007 -- The officer President Bush has nominated to head the U.S. Army defended his record in his current job as commander of coalition forces in Iraq amid sharp criticism at a Senate hearing Thursday
- United States Warns Iran to Stop Arming Iraqi Militias Washington File 01 Feb 2007 -- Iran must stop arming Iraq's Shiite insurgents, says Under Secretary of State R. Nicholas Burns.
- Key US Senators Agree on Bipartisan Resolution Against Bush's Iraq Plan VOA 01 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Senate Democratic and Republican leaders have reached a deal on a nonbinding resolution expressing disagreement with President Bush's decision to send more troops to Iraq
- U.S. Warns Iran To Stop Aiding Iraqi Insurgents RFE/RL 01 Feb 2007 -- Washington has again charges that Iran is helping Iraqi militants make lethal bombs used against U.S. soldiers and has warned Tehran to end the practice.
- Reports Say US Investigating Possible Iranian Involvement in Karbala Attack VOA 01 Feb 2007 -- U.S. media reports [New York Times, CNN] say the United States is investigating possible Iranian involvement in a recent attack that killed five American soldiers in Iraq's city of Karbala
- IRAQ: Insecurity and corruption hinder reconstruction, audit says IRIN 01 Feb 2007 -- Insecurity, corruption among Iraqi officials and weak US contract management have led to tens of millions of dollars in Iraq reconstruction aid going missing, a new audit report said on Wednesday.
- IRAQ: More Palestinians flee Baghdad IRIN 01 Feb 2007 -- The number of Palestinians stranded at the Iraq-Syria border has risen to 700 as more refugees flee the escalating violence in Baghdad, the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) said on Wednesday.
- Iraq: Domestic Security Forces Face Major Challenges RFE/RL 01 Feb 2007 -- As part of the new U.S. strategy to stem the violence in Iraq, U.S. military leaders are pushing Iraqi forces to take the lead in security operations, backed up when necessary by U.S. airpower or troops
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|