29 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 29 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Zilmer from the Pentagon 29 Jan 2007 -- Presenter: Commanding General Mulitnaional Force West and 1st Marine Expeditionary Force Forward Maj. Gen. Richard Zilmer
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Jan. 29 AFPN 29 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 29.
- 33 Detained in Iraq; Insurgent Training Site Destroyed AFPS 29 Jan 2007 -- Coalition forces detained 33 insurgents and destroyed a terrorist training facility this week in operations across Iraq.
- Commander Guardedly Optimistic About Progress in Anbar AFPS 29 Jan 2007 -- Fed up with al Qaeda's murderous rampage in the region, local tribes in the Iraq's Anbar province have endorsed and joined local government efforts to drive out insurgents and establish security in the area, the commander of Multinational Force West said today.
- Ike Reaches Halfway Point Navy NewsStand 29 Jan 2007 -- The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) (Ike) and embarked Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 7 reached the halfway point in their deployment Jan. 28.
- New complex expedites refueling AFPN 29 Jan 2007 -- A new petroleum, oil and lubricant complex here has commenced operations to meet the burgeoning growth of the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing in support of the war on terrorism.
- Iraqi Officials: Leader of Militant Cult Killed in Battle Near Najaf VOA 29 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi officials say the leader of an Islamic cult that was plotting to assassinate senior Shi'ite clerics was killed during a daylong battle near the holy city of Najaf on Sunday.
- More Violence Wracks Iraq VOA 29 Jan 2007 -- Violence continued in Iraq on Monday following a bloody weekend that included a battle in Najaf that Iraqi officials say left about 200 militants dead and more than 100 in custody
- Securing Iraq's Capital Is Vital, National Security Advisor Says Washington File 29 Jan 2007 -- The following piece was originally published in the January 29 edition of the Washington Post and is in the public domain.
- Bush Says He Will Take Action if Iran Foments Violence in Iraq VOA 29 Jan 2007 -- President Bush says if Iran escalates violence in Iraq, the United States will respond firmly
- Cheney: Too Early to Judge Iraq Stability Plan AFPS 29 Jan 2007 -- It's too early to judge the new stability plan for Iraq, Vice President Richard B. Cheney told a "Newsweek" reporter here yesterday.
- Al-Maliki, Britain's Browne Discuss Security Transfer RFE/RL 29 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki today met with British Defense Secretary Des Browne to discuss the transfer of security operations from British to Iraqi forces in southern Iraq.
- Iranian Diplomat: Tehran Plans to 'Greatly' Expand Military, Economic Ties With Baghdad VOA 29 Jan 2007 -- Iran's ambassador to Iraq says Tehran plans to greatly expand its military and economic ties with Baghdad.
- The Iraq Challenge VOA 29 Jan 2007 -- President Bush's decision to increase troop strength in Iraq is aimed at helping Iraqi authorities crack down on sectarian violence so that the Shi'ia-led government can move forward with power sharing arrangements with the Sunni minority.
- 'Hundreds' Of Militants Killed In Al-Najaf Battle RFE/RL 29 Jan 2007 -- Iraqi officials say government troops - backed by U.S. airpower -- have killed at least 300 militants in battles around Al-Najaf
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|