24 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 24 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- MNF-W personnel attacked in separate events
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Dod Identifies Marine Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Combined Operation Nets Insurgents, Weapons in Baghdad AFPS 24 Jan 2007 -- Several insurgents were captured and a weapons cache was found during a combined security operation that was kicked off today in the Haifa Street area of Baghdad, officials said.
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Jan. 24 AFPN 24 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 24.
- Coalition Efforts Help Iraqi Navy Succeed at Oil Terminal Protection Navy NewsStand 24 Jan 2007 -- Three senior ranking Iraqi navy officers stationed at the Umm Qasr Naval Base in Iraq concluded a five-day transition leadership workshop Jan. 8 led by Commander, Task Group (CTG) 158.1 in support of maritime security operations (MSO) in the Persian Gulf.
- US, Iraqi Forces Battle Insurgents in Baghdad VOA 24 Jan 2007 -- Gunfire and explosions could be heard for hours in Baghdad as coalition and Iraqi forces fought gunmen in the central part of the city
- US, Iraqi Forces Battle Insurgents in Baghdad VOA 24 Jan 2007 -- U.S. and Iraqi troops clashed with gunmen Wednesday in Baghdad's Haifa Street, a known stronghold of Sunni Arab insurgents.
- US Senate Panel Approves Measure Opposing Troop Increase in Iraq VOA 24 Jan 2007 -- A U.S. Senate panel has approved a measure expressing opposition to President Bush's decision to send more troops to Iraq
- Analysis: Somber Bush Speaks to Nation cfr.org 24 Jan 2007 -- While more attention appeared to be focused on the state of his presidency than the union, President Bush countered with determined talk of eventual victory in Iraq and against al-Qaeda
- Bush Tries to Build Support for Iraq Strategy VOA 24 Jan 2007 -- President Bush made an impassioned plea for support for his new Iraq strategy in his State of the Union Address Tuesday
- Bush Seeks Support For New Iraq Strategy RFE/RL 24 Jan 2007 -- U.S. President George W. Bush has urged Congress and the American public to show a bipartisan spirit and give his new Iraq strategy a chance to work.
- Bush Asks Congress to Give His Iraq War Plan a Chance to Succeed VOA 24 Jan 2007 -- President Bush is urging the U.S. Congress - now dominated by his political opponents - to give his new Iraq war plan a chance to succeed
- Iraq: UN calls on world community to help Palestinians facing attacks, intimidation UN News Centre 24 Jan 2007 -- The United Nations refugee agency today called on the international community to aid Palestinians living in Iraq after 90 panic-stricken men, women and children fled Baghdad, reportedly headed on two rented buses towards the Syrian border, following an increasing spate of attacks and harassment.
- IRAQ: Red Crescent gradually resumes its work IRIN 24 Jan 2007 -- The Iraq Red Crescent is steadily resuming its work in Baghdad after it suspended its activities in the capital for more than three weeks following the kidnapping by militants of its staff members and volunteers on 17 December 2006.
- IRAQ: No end to violence in Saddam's home province IRIN 24 Jan 2007 -- Home of Iraq's deceased former president Saddam Hussein, Salah ad-Din province has been rocked by anti-US insurgency, assassinations and sectarian violence ever since US-led forces invaded the country in 2003.
- Iraq Weekly Status Report US Dept. of State 24 Jan 2007 [PDF]
- Muted Reaction to Bush Address Amid Criticism of US Iraq Policy VOA 24 Jan 2007 -- There has been muted reaction around the world to President Bush's State of the Union speech Tuesday, amid some support and continued widespread criticism of the U.S. policy in Iraq
- Japanese Defense Minister Criticizes US Decision to Invade Iraq VOA 24 Jan 2007 -- Japan's Defense Minister Fumio Kyuma has criticized U.S. President George Bush's decision to invade Iraq, and warned that Tokyo may not extend its air support mission to the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|