Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
10 January 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Address by the President to the Nation The White House 10 Jan 2007
- Fact Sheet: The New Way Forward in Iraq The White House 10 Jan 2007
- SENATOR DURBIN REACTS TO PRESIDENT BUSH'S SPEECH ON IRAQ Office of Sen/ Durbin 10 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) today issued the following statement after President Bush delivered a primetime address to the nation on Iraq
- Background Briefing by Senior Administration Officials The White House 10 Jan 2007
- Bush Outlines New Strategy for Course Ahead in Iraq AFPS 10 Jan 2007 -- President Bush's new strategy for Iraq, announced tonight in a televised speech to the nation, includes more than 20,000 additional U.S. troops on the ground in Baghdad and Anbar province, increased responsibility for the Iraqi government and Iraqi security forces, and more diplomatic and economic initiatives.
- White House Official: Iraqi Participation Key to Bush's New Strategy AFPS 10 Jan 2007 -- President Bush's new strategy in Iraq will hinge on the Iraqi government and security forces stepping up and making decisions they have avoided, a senior White House official said today.
- Bush To Call for Additional U.S. Forces To Support Iraqi Troops Washington File 10 Jan 2007 -- In a televised address to the American people on the evening of January 10, President Bush is expected to announce the deployment of five additional U.S. Army brigades to Iraq to support Iraqi army operations in and around its capital, Baghdad, and two Marine brigades to Anbar province to assist in operations against al-Qaida.
- Lawmakers Express Opposition to US Troop Increase in Iraq VOA 10 Jan 2007 -- As President Bush prepares to announce a temporary increase of some 21,000 American troops to Iraq, many U.S. lawmakers are expressing renewed opposition to such a plan.
- Analysis: Selling a 'Surge' to Americans cfr.org 10 Jan 2007 -- President Bush is expected to call for a surge (USNews.com) of twenty thousand troops, or five combat brigades, bringing the total number of U.S. forces in Iraq to roughly 160,000
- U.S.: Public Opinion On Iraq Split As Bush Prepares New Plan RFE/RL 10 Jan 2007
- Bush Faces Resistance in Congress on Iraq Surge VOA 10 Jan 2007 -- Majority Democrats in Congress are signaling they intend to put up strong resistance to any troop surge in Iraq proposed by President Bush in his speech Wednesday
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list